Restraint system warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkH

I received a 'Restraint System Warning - go to workshop' message whilst stopping at a red light - 2003 S Class. Upon visiting my local dealer they initially wanted £50 to look into the system. After they had done so I was told that this related to a modification requirement and this would cost around £400. Has anyone else received such a message and did you experience such answers / help??

thanks

Restraint system sounds like your seatbelts...

As for the £50 - most dealers charge a fee to hook up your machine to the STAR system if you aren't a regular; there are exceptions though...

Do you have any information regarding the "modification"? What do they want to modify? What is faulty?

M.

The dealer rep stated - some MB S Class cars have had to have a modification to a wire for the air bags / restraint system. I did argue that this appears to be a fault to which MB should be dealing with through either a recall or on warranty if it affects safety. The answer I received was that they would pass it up the line to MB.

If its done under a safety recall , or a MB have decreed the need for a mod , it should be done gratis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom