Restraint Warning C Class 2004

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dvb247

Car
AMG e55
I've just fitted the heated seat pads following another tech thread on here, just put the seats back in and the dash is showing a retraint warning, does anyone know how to cancel tis message?
many thanks :dk:

i thought this should cancel its self have you connected the wire properly or traped a wire? i have a c32 which has an srs light on only when passenger is seated

Will check tomorrow morning, the passenger side has 2 yellow connector blocks, one didnt seem to lock, that maybe the issue!
C32 hey, I came very close to buying one a couple of years back, must be a fairly rare car now I should imagine?
Many thanks

Was the ignition turned on at any point while the seat was out. If the light is on permantly it will need to go on a star to have the faults checked and then cleared

I've just fitted the heated seat pads following another tech thread on here, just put the seats back in and the dash is showing a retraint warning, does anyone know how to cancel tis message?
many thanks :dk:

When i did this mod i tested the pad without the SRS and passenger seat sensor plugged in and it triggered the warning lights but then they went out once it was all put together properly and turned on again. The yellow one is the seat sensor, try plugging in again properly. Otherwise it could be that when putting back together there is additional pressure on the seat sensor which is making it think there is weight (i.e. a passenger) on the seat......

I did indeed bend the pin in the yellow connector block:doh:
Thank you!

When i did this mod i tested the pad without the SRS and passenger seat sensor plugged in and it triggered the warning lights but then they went out once it was all put together properly and turned on again. The yellow one is the seat sensor, try plugging in again properly. Otherwise it could be that when putting back together there is additional pressure on the seat sensor which is making it think there is weight (i.e. a passenger) on the seat......

Same here, when I tested I got the warning, but with the seat put back in properly all was well.

The occupancy sensor is more sensitive now though. I used keep my laptop bag on the passenger seat and it was fine. Now if I put it there it triggers the seatbelt light and warning chime :doh:

Wonder if anyone has tried fitting the sensor above the heat pad, this would probably fix the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom