Restricted-02' E320 W210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tubz

Car
E320 CDi / Nissan 300ZX
Hi Guys (n Gals?)

I've been seeing a lack of power when i put my foot down of late, like the car is restricted or limited. Happens intermitently, Sometimes from cold at lower speed, no power and limited to 2000/2500rpm when pulling away, or having slowed to a stop for a junction or roundabout, and other times will run fine at lower speeds, then i get up to 70(+!) on the motorway and i've got no oooomph to pull out and accelerate away safely to overtake or join...

I've changed the Air Filter as this was missed at the last service, and re-set the ECU via battery disconnect overnight to attempt a cure, but wondering if i might have a Faulty MAF maybe? (no faults thrown up for this) allthough i'm still running it with an ABS/ESC fault not yet rectified with needing a new sensor...This has been there a few weeks and not had both issues until recently..

Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be before i try fitting a new MAF?

I would have thought the maf to and don't think it shows on the diagnostic
Wait for more feedback though

You haven't flicked the S/W switch to W by any chance have you? Just a thought....

You haven't flicked the S/W switch to W by any chance have you? Just a thought....

Do you know, it might well be! I had a little girl two weeks ago and my heads been all over the place the last couple of weeks through lack of sleep, so will check when i get back in the car later..Fingers crossed it's this!

ANy idea on the cost of a new MAF if not?

A new MAF is about £60 but before going there check the EGR valve as MAF don't normally give intermittent failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom