Restriction Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
My daughter's phone is asking for a restriction code. Its not the pin or puk and two phone shops don't know what it is. Any ideas??

Thanks
G

Sounds like the phone has been barred, or either the sim card network inserted is not unlocked to the phone...

...........we were in the middle of using it:(

Which phone? What network? Has she had it from new?
If it uses the Symbian Operating System (N-Series 66XX) don't try entering a code until you know exactly what you need - you only get 5 chances

Nokia 3200 on O2 owned from new, no problems before. It "jammed" when be were using a data cable.

Restriction codes are usually SIM related and controlled by your network operator - as already posted this is to protect themselves against "their" phone being used on another network. Do you have another O2 SIM? Usually if you turn up with this as a problem the shop would put a freebie PAYT card in to test (and sometimes clear) the message if it has come up because of a fault. You might be able to clear it by removing your O2 SIM putting any other in its place and then replacing the correct contract SIM.

If O2 deny any knowledge of a restriction on your phone you could try the default unlock code for the 3200 which is 12345. For some reason your phone's locking system has been activated - it thinks you are trying to connect to a network the phone is locked from even though you are not.

Assume you have connected with the datacable before with this one?

OK. I tried 12345 with her sim in and it said code error, then I tried my sim in her phone and 12345 and it still said code error.

We are still trying.....

Good luck guys!! It's a nightmare when your phone doesn't work:crazy: :D

This may explain why the 2 codes I gave you didn't work.
Keep them for future reference though;)

I'm not sure you can still part reset the 3200 simply by removing it's battery for a few minutes (!) If you can get to any menu there is a part reset in options as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom