Resurfacing with chippings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkP80

Car
ML350 Grand Edition
I washed MrsP's car at the weekend and what a mess it was - covered thankfully not in stone chips, but tar all over the place. Then I remembered a few evenings previously we had driven along a road which had just been resurfaced with a coat of tar and a layer of loose chippings.

Why oh why do councils continue to use this method? If it doesn't cause a load of stone chips, then there's tar everywhere, and not to mention the nightmare it is to ride on if you're a motorcyclist.

Not only was there tar everywhere, but inside the wheels there were actually stone chippings stuck on all over the place!

:mad::mad::mad:

Since she got this car a few months ago I've fiound my self slowly sucked into detailing, following the results I got with the initial paint treatment (we didn't go for Starguard, instead I did it myself with Werkstatt acrylic stuff). So, there's a tin of Tardis in the garage waiting fo me this weekend, to try and sort this mess out. Her car is white BTW.

So, that's my rant for today!
Cheers,
MarkP

Similar fun and games around here a few months back when they decided to do a tar-and-feather job on the A322, the main dual carriageway between Bracknell and the M3 at Bagshot. It was an amazingly poor decision in the first place, because this is an extremely heavily used stretch of road...but then they laid it all in the mother of all rainstorms, so within a few days the whole surface was coming apart.

They eventually had to lift it and do a proper job with a rolled tarmac surface....

Similar fun and games around here a few months back when they decided to do a tar-and-feather job on the A322, the main dual carriageway between Bracknell and the M3 at Bagshot. It was an amazingly poor decision in the first place, because this is an extremely heavily used stretch of road...but then they laid it all in the mother of all rainstorms, so within a few days the whole surface was coming apart.

They eventually had to lift it and do a proper job with a rolled tarmac surface....

It's good to see your tax dollars being used to good effect then. :rolleyes: Local council interpretation of 'two for one'. Pay for two - get just one.

Which public official got pilloried/sacked/censured/brought to account over that then? Oh - hang on - I think I can guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom