Retractable Star!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep...us too!
Apparently it works off your central locking! Don't know to much more about it, but what a great way to foil the star nicking brigade!

For sure !!!! and have no fear, some wizard in this forum will be able to help you with getting one too .... Good luck...

I dont think it will fit either your C-class or CLK though.You need an "old-school" Merc with the large chrome rad like W123,W124 190 etc

LOL... Its mine and I dont know where you can get one either :D

Esox is right to a certain extent although it could be adapted for a more modern car quite easily - all that would need to be changed is the plate at the bottom.

BTW, how did you come across the image?

Sp!ke said:
Esox is right to a certain extent although it could be adapted for a more modern car quite easily - all that would need to be changed is the plate at the bottom.

I for one wouldn't have the nerve to cut the slot in the bonnet for it to drop into. Or am I missing something ?

kikkthecat said:
I for one wouldn't have the nerve to cut the slot in the bonnet for it to drop into. Or am I missing something ?

I still had to cut into my grill and then shave about a 1" section off my bonnet. Did it very slowly and carefully with a Dremel.

Spike...we would really love to know more about this. It really is the business! Did you do it yourself? Do you want a cheeky wee commission? Or can you suggest someone or somewhere? Do you think it could be adapted to fit our C220? So many questions!
BTW...you're invention is on three sites that we know of! You could be making yourself a small fortune!

fionanallan said:
Spike...we would really love to know more about this. It really is the business! Did you do it yourself? Do you want a cheeky wee commission? Or can you suggest someone or somewhere? Do you think it could be adapted to fit our C220? So many questions!
BTW...you're invention is on three sites that we know of! You could be making yourself a small fortune!

Nope , won't fit onto your car im afraid ...

Needs to be a post facelife W124 e class . <92/3 with the large chrome grill and badge attached to that.

fuzzer said:
Nope , won't fit onto your car im afraid ...

Needs to be a post facelife W124 e class . <92/3 with the large chrome grill and badge attached to that.
Well technically it could be modified and fitted to anything, but wouldn't really look very good on anything but the models with the big chrome grills.

Shude said:
Well technically it could be modified and fitted to anything, but wouldn't really look very good on anything but the models with the big chrome grills.

:rolleyes:

fionanallan said:
Hi All,
New to the forum, and well impressed so far!
Here's our starter for 10......! Anyone know where we can get the retractable star, as shown here:

http://www.w124ce.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/magicstar.gif

Any info would be much appreciated.....Thanks.
I have Seen them on Ebay Look for car parts by name ie: Mercedes
I look every day for spairs etc. some times you can pick up a good deal. Paul P

As most people on the forum know, i spend an unhealthy amount of time searching Ebay for Mercedes goodies.....

To date i have not seen one of these, if i had it would be on the front of my car at the moment !!

If you are going to wait for one on Ebay, i wouldn't hold your breath while you do .... and if you do find one be prepared to spend big bucks on it as there are tens of people ,maybe hundreds ,who will be bidding against you .....

Sp!kes star is uber-cool ( i've seen it in action ) !

Is there no manufacturers name or number on your star Sp!ke ?

Howard said:
Is there no manufacturers name or number on your star Sp!ke ?

The manufacturer was a small outfit in the netherlands.... I did try and track them down but I understand they disappeared many years ago.

You're also correct about ebay... I have a permanent worldwide search on ebay emailing me daily of any retractable badge and have done for about six years... so far, mine is the only one of its kind I have ever seen. I have seen removeable ones but not pneumatic ones.

To say I paid over the odds for it was a bit of an understatement :rolleyes:

I *really* must get on and get a batch of them made up somewhere - I still get regular emails and PM's about mine weekly. I recon I could sell 500 of them in ten days np. As for the later models, I think they could be done too. The base plate would probably have to be have to be colour coded and flush that is all. (oh and you'd have to be a little brave and handy with a dremel ;) )

Just curious..... go on what did you pay ? ;)

Why not see about getting some made then Sp!ke..... i'm sure a competant engineering shop could do it....

Could be a nice little sideline ....... money for Christmas and all that ;)

Howard said:
Just curious..... go on what did you pay ? ;)

Why not see about getting some made then Sp!ke..... i'm sure a competant engineering shop could do it....

Could be a nice little sideline ....... money for Christmas and all that ;)

Yeah but I kinda like the exclusivity of it :cool:

Thats not very charitable ....... LOL :D

what about us menials with no retractable star ........ :rolleyes:

Dremel
Electric aerial
Superglue
Sorted :D

PJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom