Retro fit C class coupe 2016 remote online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davejr

Car
2016 C Class Coupe
Evening all

I stupidly missed off the Remote Online option from my C Class Coupe, meaning no access to Mercedes me.

Is this something that can be retrofit? Is it even a physical item, or just a service?

Asked my salesman and he incorrectly stated Mercedes me is only on COMAND systems - not too sure I'll believe his thoughts on it!

Thanks

Dave

Its a physical module (the comms module). But there are loads of different variants depending on the options, and you'll therefor need a new one. It does (in its different guises, remote-online, emergency-call, live-traffic, electric-vehicle-reporting and changes for every model year)
Its also a database update in a database that can't really be updated in Mercedes, and a load of coding.

We did manage recently to add Live Traffic to a NTG5 retrofit in a W205, which we know that no one else has ever done (and probably can not do).

But it was about £600, and no guarantee that we can get the database updated.

So, the reality is probably not, unless you are willing to risk the £600 and it may not work.

Sorry can't be more positive :)

Richard

Thanks all. I'll live without the relatively limited extras you get with Mercedes Me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom