Retro-fit Centre-Rear Inertia Reel Seat Belt W124 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djwazza

Car
S124 E300 Diesel, Black Green Met, Sunroof, Leather, 7 seat option, 3 rear seatbelts.
Hello all

I'm a complete Noob to the MB Club Forum, so I apologise if this is a common post, but I haven't found any info using the search function. Basically I've just bought a 'new' W124 and want to replace the centre lap belt with an inertia reel 3 point belt. Is there a simple kit that provides a MB solution, or do I have to go to Quickfit SBS or some-such to get the proper restraint?

Many thanks

Hello all

I'm a complete Noob to the MB Club Forum, so I apologise if this is a common post, but I haven't found any info using the search function. Basically I've just bought a 'new' W124 and want to replace the centre lap belt with an inertia reel 3 point belt. Is there a simple kit that provides a MB solution, or do I have to go to Quickfit SBS or some-such to get the proper restraint?

Many thanks

Yes Quickfit SBS seem very recommended. I'm gonna use them for my SL and have also considered using them for the W124 centre belt (but dont really use it enough to worry).

if you have an estate & you dont have the 7 seats, you could probably use the existing mounts for these to add your own 3 point belt quite easily.

W124 Estate centre seat belt replacement

I replaced the middle lap belt in my 300TD with a Securon 629 4 Point Harness (Black) and it cost £36.23 It was easy to fit and a cheap way to have a secure and safe belt. It is not inertia but if the same child/person generally uses it, it shouldn't need adjusting.

Thanks for the replies. I have a 3 point inertia reel Securon that I will attempt to fit next weekend. Any good ideas for mounting points would be gladly received.

Regards

How did the fitting go?

Just wondered how you found fitting the seatbelt and whether you have any advice for another W124 owner with a lap-belt that needs replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom