retro fit COMAND into W208 CLK Cab, 1999 but 2000 model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grahamd

Car
W208 CLK 230K Cab and Range Rover Sport 2.7TDV6 HSE
I am thinking about retro fitting COMAND to my CLK 230K Cab. She is absolutely original, 1999 registered but is the facelift 2000 model. The stereo is the standard MB one-shot CD / radio and it has various buttons on the steering wheel.

I have seen a reconditioned COMAND unit on ebay but from Germany.

Does anyone know - does the COMAND unit have an integrated radio and CD as well at the sat-nav functionality built-in to replace the current stereo and is it actually worth considering fitting COMAND - or am I being silly. The car has everything else you would expect. I baulked at the £1800 extra in 1999, given the cost of the car and all the other extras I put in her at the time.

Graham

I am thinking about retro fitting COMAND to my CLK 230K Cab. She is absolutely original, 1999 registered but is the facelift 2000 model. The stereo is the standard MB one-shot CD / radio and it has various buttons on the steering wheel.

I have seen a reconditioned COMAND unit on ebay but from Germany.

Does anyone know - does the COMAND unit have an integrated radio and CD as well at the sat-nav functionality built-in to replace the current stereo and is it actually worth considering fitting COMAND - or am I being silly. The car has everything else you would expect. I baulked at the £1800 extra in 1999, given the cost of the car and all the other extras I put in her at the time.

Graham

Yes. Comand has a really good Radio and Cd player built in. Much better than the standard audio10. Its almost plug and play to fit it. Have a look in the HOWTO section on this forum for my article and Flyers article on how to retrofit it.

Make sure the part number you get from Germany is as follows;

A208 820 44 89
A208 820 40 89
A210 820 56 89
or A208 820 54 89

I used an A208 820 44 89 in my CLK. Its the last of the CLK units they made for the W208.

You will need a loom adapter, GPS antenna and a UK teleatlas DX disk.

Coding the cluster can be done easily once its all finished;)
Let me know if you need any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom