Retro-fit COMMAND - bought a c-class 180k 2 weeks ago , brand new

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

splang

MB Enthusiast
Car
W212 E250 Avantgarde
(pre-facelift).

How much would it cost to have command installed please?
Also, would that invalidate my warranty - as all the parts are mb parts?

Many thanks in advance - (ps anyone had it done in a c-class w203?) Would it develop a rattle?? I cant stand rattles - that why i changed from my bmw 3 series after 3 years!

Steve

:bannana:

(edit- spelling) :rolleyes:

Hi

I have been researching the same subject in the last couple of weeks ..... if you fire me an email to m_s@blueyonder DOT co DOT uk i will send you all the info I have (replace the DOT with a .)

regards

mark

I've fitted comand in to 2 C Class both pre facelift 203's . and no rattles ! .

one was fitted in my own c class and when I sold it, I removed comand, sold & fitted it to Member rushscored4 's C32 amg. No rattles in his car either .

there is loads on info on here relating to comand . Steve Krabbenborg aka MbenzNL also supplies & fits comand for a living here, Europe & USA.

drop me a pm for more info also if you like. I have another used C class comand for sale if anyones interested.

Many thanks Mike and Steve....
Mike - i have emailed you

Steve - I have pmailed you

Cheers again

Steve

splang said:
(pre-facelift).

How much would it cost to have command installed please?
Also, would that invalidate my warranty - as all the parts are mb parts?

Many thanks in advance - (ps anyone had it done in a c-class w203?) Would it develop a rattle?? I cant stand rattles - that why i changed from my bmw 3 series after 3 years!

(edit- spelling) :rolleyes:

You need to decide if you want a new one or a used one. The cost varies by and extra 50% on the lowest price option.

http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/COMAND 2.0.htm

That is the complete HOW TO.

Can you watch dvd's on command - and how much would it be to add a tv tuner so you can watch tv when stationary please?

splang said:
Can you watch dvd's on command - and how much would it be to add a tv tuner so you can watch tv when stationary please?
you can watch DVDs on comand if you have a tv-tuner or an a/v interface and a dvd player hooked up to the tuner/interface.

second hand tv tuner about 400 Euros from Ebay
wiring Harnes about 75 Euros
Diversity antenna - varies from around £50 to £200 depending on what you go for

I favour 2 sets of covert bumper mount arials cost about £150 or so

steve_bcs said:
second hand tv tuner about 400 Euros from Ebay
wiring Harnes about 75 Euros
Diversity antenna - varies from around £50 to £200 depending on what you go for.

I favour 2 sets of covert bumper mount arials cost about £150 or so

I find this rather interesting. Since I dont understand the cost.

OEM looms are as follows
===================
- Picture loom, includes RGB signal wires, sound connection, fuse pair, CAN pair, Wakeup wire, CD changer loom.
- Antenna loom, remove rear windscreen bake off the old FM antenna, prime glass and attach new FM + TV antenna.

Aftermarket looms.
==============
- High quality RGB cable with sound
- Fuse cable
- NECVOX diversity antennas with powered Amplifier < cheap and simple. >

Which harness are you referring to ? the oem or some other source. I would like to know what people have used.

the wiring harness I have used are from ebay - a search for comand ususally brings them up if any are for sale - they usually are .

Euros are quoted for items bought on German Ebay

£ = GB pound sterling for items bought in UK from MB dealer

steve_bcs said:
the wiring harness I have used are from ebay - a search for comand ususally brings them up if any are for sale - they usually are .

Euros are quoted for items bought on German Ebay

£ = GB pound sterling for items bought in UK from MB dealer

Clear as mud.

miro said:
Clear as mud.

Sorry Miro,

What exactly is it you dont understand ?

I will try & clarify for you a bit further if I can.

TV Cable for Comand on ebay: Link

Last edited:
hi just thought id latch on the end of this one here i 2 would like to add the tv tunner to mine i have absolulty no knowledge of fitting atal so would like to no what it would cost roughly parts and fitting. Now the question being also is it worth it, i was told the picture isnt that good anyway.

steve_bcs said:
Sorry Miro,

What exactly is it you dont understand ?

I will try & clarify for you a bit further if I can.

TV Cable for Comand on ebay: Link

Yes, that makes a bundle more sense. Now i understand more clearly. I placed a bid on it too. I want to see how good it is. \

I have my eye on some custom looms too. I can make these myself using professional video cable. I dont trust these small diameter RGB cables, but lets see what comes out in the wash.

I should also give you a big thanks for lending details to this discussion.

startreck66 said:
hi just thought id latch on the end of this one here i 2 would like to add the tv tunner to mine i have absolulty no knowledge of fitting atal so would like to no what it would cost roughly parts and fitting. Now the question being also is it worth it, i was told the picture isnt that good anyway.

A video / audio cable from the right rear to the COMAND module along the RHS door sill.

A cable for power to the rear SAM (fuse box)

A number of choices - TV antenna system.

startreck66 said:

Picture quality depends on the cars location and the type of diversity aerials used. OEM M Benz with amps are the best I guess but I used 2 sets of Hirschmann bumper aerials on my ML (& previous E55)

In some areas I can get chanel 5 on the move - which aint bad as the (non digital) picture on at home is rubbish!

Used Parts from Ebay costs as posted above . Labour - DIY or around £250 poss more from an a Car Audio specialst that undestands comand - not all do !

Last edited:
Yes, let me mirror what Miro has said,

many thanks for everyones help on this thread , much appreciated...

:)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom