Retro Fit Front Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trotters

Car
Mercedes C-Class W04 220 CDI
Hi recently bought a 2012 C Class 220 CDI and the front seats were really tatty I want to upgrade them to a 2015 front seats as I've managed to get hold of a lovely pair in great condition, but I need some help, as I'm having some difficulty in getting the information required so was hoping that someone could help me with the answer.

I'm trying to modify the 2015 Mercedes C Class 220 CDI W205 Model front seats, so that I can get them to work in a 2012 Mercedes C Class 220 CDI W204 Model. The wiring colour code is different on the W205 seats. What I need to know is at present the colour of the wires for the W205 passenger seat occupancy sensor is 1 x Brown Wire, 1 x Pink/Black Wire & 1 x Pink/Green Wire on the original seat W204 the colours were 1 x Brown Wire (GND), 1 x Black Wire (+12v) & 1 x Blue Wire (Signal).

What I need to know is what colour wire is the GND, what is the +12v and what is the signal wire on the W205 Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor.

Also the Seat Airbag wiring has different colours, on the W204 seat, the wires are 1 x Red/Blue Wire and 1 x White/ Violet Wire and on the W205 Seat the wires are 1 x Grey/Yellow Wire and 1 x Brown Wire.

What I need to know is which wires do I connect the W205 Wires to i.e Grey/Yellow wire to the original W204 Red/Blue wire this is just an example what I really need is which W205 wire to W204 wire.

As I need to use the original W204 Plugs under the seats, once I know which wires are to be joined together, they will be solder joined with a shrink sleeve fitted over, then get the seats reset with a Mercedes star diagnostics

Hope this makes sense as really could do with some help with the wire colours

Trotters

Can't help with the wiring as such but you could always just whip off the seat covers and swap the passenger occupancy sensor pads over from your old seats. I've done it many a time when retrofitting seats. Dunno about the bags though

Can't help with the wiring as such but you could always just whip off the seat covers and swap the passenger occupancy sensor pads over from your old seats. I've done it many a time when retrofitting seats. Dunno about the bags though

It's not that simple, the occupancy sensors might be a different shape in the W205 etc........

Thank you poormansporsche for the suggestion. But clk320x is right, the occupancy sensor is completely different in the w205 seats. If i ever do get to find out the colours, I will also need to get the seats re-coded as the w205 seats do not have the Neckpro installed. The SRS will show fault until re-coded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom