Retro Fit Heated Seats - Supplier Reviews

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haz750

Car
Mercedes C250
Hello All,

I have a 2012 face lift W204 C250, The car has leather seats which are partially electric but came from the factory without heated seats. I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations/experiences with suppliers and/or installers of retro fit heated seats.

I did a quick google search and have come up with the following who provide and install retro-fit heated seats:

Braybrooks:
Mercedes Retrofit | Mercedes Comand Installation | Car Navigation | In-car Entertainment | UK

Mercedes Navigation:
Genuine Mercedes C Class Heated Seats

I know we are coming into UK Spring/Summer (I use that phrase loosely) and wanted to get it done before the winter months come back around quickly as they usually do.

Any thoughts/suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

I would also consider commandonline or other sponsors on here incase they offer the service you require. They all come very highly recommended by other forum members who have used them, albeit I have no personal experiences.
Who ever you use to fit them, make sure they use OEM switches etc, as I went to view a ML in Brent Park which was advertised as having heated seats, which it did have, retro fitted with some sort of rocker switch on the side of the seat :eek: It looked simply awful, and this was a 2012 model IIRC.

Thanks for the response Abb, will definitely have a look at some of the sponsors here on the site.

Well you will find that the cost will be about 4 times what it would have cost as a factory fitted option,I have looked at it for my S320 and at a cost of £2000 decided it was too expensive,but I have never found out what parts are needed i.e. a detailed cost breakdown,and that was from two of the companies you have mentioned,but give it a go I have not given up,I am collecting bits I think will be needed,but without knowing just what it is going to take some time.

Buy seats from a breaker. there will be plenty around and only a few hundred pounds.
If its like my s320, it was a case of buying the seats, the right switch panel and plugging it all in.
No coding required.
simples.

either way, i'll never buy another car with unheated leathers!!

W221 2007,there is a lot of mystery surrounding what is needed,I suppose if you can charge £2000 you would not be too keen to tell what you had to do,the seats have the heated element attached to the underside of the seat not a real problem,you need two door heat controls,I have said before I cannot see any car manufacturer having a different loom for heated or not,what else do you need I do not know,I would like to see a list,but as yet no joy,the weird thing about my car is that it has memory seats which is a 4 times more expensive option than heated seats,most of the switches on ebay have the cooling option which I do not want watching and waiting for a drivers door one already have the passenger one.

i ask as mine has the mad option of dynamic seats at 2.5k per seat option iirc but isnt heated.... fully memory, leather, dynamic, but cold.... lol.

i thouht the controller for heating was separate to the rest of the controls? ok, mines a 2004 211not an S.

i ask as mine has the mad option of dynamic seats at 2.5k per seat option iirc but isnt heated.... fully memory, leather, dynamic, but cold.... lol.

i thouht the controller for heating was separate to the rest of the controls? ok, mines a 2004 211not an S.

Yes you have to wonder about the sanity of the first time buyers :crazy:I am no expert,with the s320 if you have heated seats the heated part comes attached to the seat cushion,which is no real problem as if one went wrong you would need to replace it,you would need to buy those new from MB,having memory sets me another question,I have seen switches which have the heated seat button but no memory the switches are the same size but where the memory buttons are there is a blank bit of plastic could you maybe remove that and fit my memory buttons to it,there are plenty of those on Ebay I have no idea and do not want to waste £50,there may be a heater control I suppose two one for each side again I do not know,I would love a list of whats needed but I will slowly get there I am sure,of course some of the cost would be taken up by having to disassemble the seats and the door panels but as with any 8 year old car there is always something else that needs looking at,a minor oil leak is next:wallbash:

I have said before I cannot see any car manufacturer having a different loom for heated

There are 31 different seat looms listed for a W221 S Class front seat (just looms in the seat, not the ones that connect the seats to the rest of the car)

You can't get a parts list from any of the retro-fitters because it takes expertise and time to work out the correct parts, and they are selling you a solution.

Richard

Buy seats from a breaker. there will be plenty around and only a few hundred pounds.

Most of the expense of retrofitting heated seats using genuine parts is the heating elements and the labour to install the seat pads (which requires taking seat apart).

So, if you turn up with a set of replacement seats with heated seat elements in them, then there is a lot less to do (new switch pack, wiring looms, possibly SAM depending on vehicle, install and coding).

We (comand online / comand europe) do loads of heated seats, either as factory with all genuine parts, or as cheaper with switches on the side of the seat. In general (but not always) Merc owners want factory.

Cheers

Richard

Be aware that very few people do this job properly with genuine brand new parts, despite what some websites claim. Braybrooks do a good job though as do we of course.

Always look for companies that offer genuine programming with Xentry/Star and datacard update so the retrofit (whatever it is) is correctly recorded with Mercedes Benz themselves.

Thanks to Richard and Alfie for their knowledge. I will definitely make sure that the programming is done with Star and that the data card is updated accordingly.

Thanks to all for their suggestions as well, as always very much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom