Retro fit heated seats w204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
My 2012 S204 C250cdi doesn't have heated seats and I miss them from my previous car.

What's the easiest way to retrofit them? Is it even possible? Or are the aftermarket kits worth a look?

Merry Christmas

I had aftermarket seat heater kit fitted to the rear seats of my S203. They worked better (i.e.faster and hotter) than the factory fitted heaters on the front seats.

As long as you do not want the controls for the heated seats to be like the original mercedes fitting then after market ones are good,the only real work involved is getting the seat covers off,I think there was a thread of how to do that on here,if not sure somebody has it on Utube.

This is a service we offer. You can go for full factory heated seats but this will be more costly as the mercedes elements are not cheap and youll need four of them.

Aftermarket options are good. We can offer you two stage heated seat base and back rest fitted in about four hours. Email me your vin number to [email protected] for a quote.

As long as you do not want the controls for the heated seats to be like the original mercedes fitting then after market ones are good,the only real work involved is getting the seat covers off,I think there was a thread of how to do that on here,if not sure somebody has it on Utube.
I already have heated seats that im fitting in a w204 that never had any i have made all the full electric and memory seats work and coded, i want the use original heated seat buttons that go under the stereo if i went with this kit can i still use the original buttons so its like factory oem?

I already have heated seats that im fitting in a w204 that never had any i have made all the full electric and memory seats work and coded, i want the use original heated seat buttons that go under the stereo if i went with this kit can i still use the original buttons so its like factory oem?

Firstly, on the W204 facelift the lower switch panel is a single unit, so you'll need to get a complete new switch panel that has the heated seats switches in it (i.e. you can't just add the two heated seat switches to the old switch panel).

Then, my understanding is that the switch panel is electronic and the wiring loom connects to the front SAM, I.e. not directly to the seats. This means that if you carry-out a complete factory retrofit and coding then everything should work - Comand UK carried-out this retrofit to my car and the result is indistinguishable from the original factory heated seats.

But if you are using aftermarket kit, then I don't think you can use the original MB switches, instead you'll need to have two separate aftermarket switches for the heated seats.

Last edited:
i want the use original heated seat buttons that go under the stereo if i went with this kit can i still use the original buttons so its like factory oem?
Markjay has put his finger on the problem,thats why I said as long as you want to use the switch supplied by the heated seat matrix maker,then fine,but as you have said you want to have original MB buttons,switches,you have a problem,Command can and do fit these,but the cost is IMHO high,did once get a quote from them and it was four figures :oops:

Markjay has put his finger on the problem,thats why I said as long as you want to use the switch supplied by the heated seat matrix maker,then fine,but as you have said you want to have original MB buttons,switches,you have a problem,Command can and do fit these,but the cost is IMHO high,did once get a quote from them and it was four figures :oops:
The genuine seat pads themselves are over £150 each and you need four of them. Then there is the loom, switch pack, labour, coding and VAT!

That's the dilemma... I bought a car in fantastic condition but meagre spec - Executive SE with no options - and Comand UK (Alfie's and Richard's firm) retrofitted quite a few options to the original factory-options spec (heated seats, COMAND, etc). The result is very very good - as I said, their retrofits are indistinguishable from factory-fitted options. Of course, using brand new genuine MB parts comes at a price, but in my case - being OCD - I knew I'd lose sleep over non original buttons..... :) so for me it was well worth it. But regardless of whether you opt for original or non-original retrofit, Comand UK's workmanship and customer case are top notch - highly recommended.

My 2005 S203 had a bit of work done by Comand.co.uk... Can't recommend them, their work and helpful attitude, highly enough (makes me miss not having a Merc anymore!)
Retrofit Rain sensor coding
COMAND
Linguatronic
Telephony
Illuminated sills
Cornering Fog lights coding
Birdseye Maple trim fitted
Custom Steering Wheel fit and coding
DAB radio
UK region delete (kph delete giving outside temp, tank range etc)
Auto folding door mirror coding
Retrofitted bi-xenons , auto levelling parts supply and coding (mechanicals by Olly at PCS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom