Retro fit Heated seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zipdip

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
s320
Hi Well reading the posts about retro fitting folding wing mirrors, has started me again on the search for the answer can you fit heated seats into a W221 S320 using original Mercedes parts,there is a company that will do that for the W220 but will only fit aftermarket heated seats on W221,seems weird.:(

Hi Well reading the posts about retro fitting folding wing mirrors, has started me again on the search for the answer can you fit heated seats into a W221 S320 using original Mercedes parts,there is a company that will do that for the W220 but will only fit aftermarket heated seats on W221,seems weird.:(

I suspect they will only do this because they dont know the correct parts to acquire for fitting to a W221.

Email me your vin number to [email protected] and I can quote you for a genuine retrofit.

Personally I wouldnt ever fit aftermarket heated seat pads unless I was using the full aftermarket kit (switches) etc. I say this because should the wrong current be drawn it could result in a fire or melted electrics etc. Its always best to keep original seat pads with original switchgear and vice-versa.

Availability of separate MB heat pads might have a bearing on which models can be done.

On a few the heaters come as part of the seat covering. All still do'able but expensive and pretty sure MB wouldn't list such a retro-fit

On the 221 you have to have the whole seat !!

Availability of separate MB heat pads might have a bearing on which models can be done.

On a few the heaters come as part of the seat covering. All still do'able but expensive and pretty sure MB wouldn't list such a retro-fit[/QUERS arded

I got onto a well regarded retro fitter of many items and their web site said the S up to 2005 they could do a merc part retro fit of heated seats but for the W221 only a aftermarket kit,seemed strange,so got onto them this morning with the vin number and they say they will get back to me,and Alfie has asked for the same thing I feel more confident he will get back when he has had time to sort out parts,still watch this space,it annoys the hell out of me that I did not notice this car did not have heated seats when I bought it,again a strange thing given it has options that cost a lot more than heated seats.I think you are right the cost is going to be about 4 times the cost of having it fitted from new but I have to find out:crazy:

The driver seat of my 221 packed up and enquired, the heating is part of the seat no pads involved, about a £ 1K I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom