Retro fit W204 reversing camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shipmate60

Car
C Class W204 Estate
I have a 2010 W204 Estate and would like to retro fit a reversing camera, is this possible<

Yes it is, if you want to go OEM then it wont be cheap and you need to already have COMAND fitted.

I did it to my 2011 CLS:

Check out a couple of my videos here which go into detail:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes it is possible. We have a few W204 estate reverse camera kits left. Mercedes are discontinuing them.

Send me your vin to [email protected] and I will send you a quote.

Mine is particularly helpful at night, especially as I have changed the reversing light bulbs to W16W LED's that are much brighter than the original filament bulbs.

For anyone else wishing to do this - If you have a comand fitted, this is fairly straight forward.

I got myself a replacement boot handle with intregated camera kit (£20) and a Fakra adaptor cable to plumb it into the comand unit.

The estate is tricky as you need to dismantle the paneling in the tailgate to get to the handle, then run the cables through the rubber tube into the headlining and to the rear fusebox for power.

The video feed cable then needs to be routed to the front of the car and into the back of the comand unit which then needs to be setup for a reverse camera in the engineering menu.

Took me a few hours to complete and cost £30 all in. Very happy with the results.

Plenty of guides online - i've attached this one that I used as a reference, obviously the estate will take a different path to route the cables.

Attachments

• w204_2012_DIY_BackupCamera_v4.pdf
    807.2 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom