Retro fitting aftermarket android head unit to CLC??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mightynimrod

Car
2016 S205 220d AMG Line Premium Plus
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had managed to retro fit one of the factory look android head units that are rife on ebay with reversing camera etc??

I've just purchased the missus a 2009 Mercedes CLC 2.1 CDI Sport and we wanted to upgrade the head unit as the old factory one is very dated in my opinion.

If anyone can let me have their experiences, woes, success stories along with any pics or advice, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

To assist, what type is currently fitted?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had managed to retro fit one of the factory look android head units that are rife on ebay with reversing camera etc??

I've just purchased the missus a 2009 Mercedes CLC 2.1 CDI Sport and we wanted to upgrade the head unit as the old factory one is very dated in my opinion.

If anyone can let me have their experiences, woes, success stories along with any pics or advice, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Do a search on the forum. You will find some good experiences and some bad.

The CLC is a W203, only difference is the W203 came with NTG2 while the CLC came with the (similarly sized) NTG2.5.

So any Android unit for W203 facelift (2004-2008) should fit.

I fitted one of these to my sisters 2008 CLC when she first bought it.

Android 9.0 Mercedes BENZ C/CLK/CLC Class W203 W209 Car Stereo DAB+ Sat Nav TPMS 687765852084 | eBay

Very easy fit, all plugs into the original loom. It all works really well, I was dubious what the quality would be like but it's never given any trouble. The only problem is the steering wheel buttons don't work 100%, flicking through the menus can skip track. Overall very good value and easy to fit.

I would recommend maybe spending a little more and looking for one with 4Gb ram and 32Gb rom.

Example - Android 9.0 Car GPS Sat Nav DAB+4G for Mercedes Benz C/CLC/CLK Class W203 W209 | eBay

I have an Erisin and cannot fault it TBH. I had DAB+ and reversing cam as extras. DAB+ is great when it has adequate reception which is rare though so if interested I would also investigate a better aerial option such as a splitter - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077GS6ZC5/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

To assist, what type is currently fitted?

Hi mate, I’m not quite sure 100% but I think it’s called the Audio 50, Bluetooth double din 6cd

Not spent too much time on it as it’s been in the garage getting a full fluid sort out and air conditioning Regas and service.

Currently having the alloys refurbished and brake callipers painted.

I would recommend maybe spending a little more and looking for one with 4Gb ram and 32Gb rom.

Example - Android 9.0 Car GPS Sat Nav DAB+4G for Mercedes Benz C/CLC/CLK Class W203 W209 | eBay

I have an Erisin and cannot fault it TBH. I had DAB+ and reversing cam as extras. DAB+ is great when it has adequate reception which is rare though so if interested I would also investigate a better aerial option such as a splitter - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077GS6ZC5/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

To be honest I had this saved in my eBay basket already, sounds like the one with reversing camera.
Not too fussed about the dab function as she can Bluetooth dab radio from her iPhone.

I have an Erisin and cannot fault it TBH. I had DAB+ and reversing cam as extras. DAB+ is great when it has adequate reception which is rare though so if interested I would also investigate a better aerial option such as a splitter - Eightwood Car Radio Antenna Adapter ISO Female to ISO: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
See when you fitted the erisin, what else do you need as in connections? Or is it like for like, plug in and play? TiA

I have an Erisin and cannot fault it TBH. I had DAB+ and reversing cam as extras. DAB+ is great when it has adequate reception which is rare though so if interested I would also investigate a better aerial option such as a splitter - Eightwood Car Radio Antenna Adapter ISO Female to ISO: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
See when you fitted the erisin, what else do you need as in connections? Or is it like for like, plug in and play? TiA

I just fitted an ersin to my Aclass, so simple, plug and play, so far very happy

Reactions: GLK
Thanks folks, everything perfect apart from reception on FM, where does the blue antenna wire go, it doesn't seem to be the blue one from the harness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom