Retro fitting front and rear parking sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidStalbridge

Car
CLS shooting break and SLK Mk 3
I have a Mk 3 SLK, which I purchased recently and I would like to retro fit front and rear parking sensors, has anyone done this, what did you use and was it easy to do, I have looked on line and I have seen some rear sensors with wireless connection between control modual and interior LED display, can any one help

I have a Mk 3 SLK, which I purchased recently and I would like to retro fit front and rear parking sensors, has anyone done this, what did you use and was it easy to do, I have looked on line and I have seen some rear sensors with wireless connection between control modual and interior LED display, can any one help
Where are you based?

It dosent cost a lot to have someone come to your house to fix them, you would be surprised

Thank you for your reply, I heard that there was a service available, can you give me any contact details for a supplier, fitter in my area Stalbridge Dorset or any other information that you may have
Thanks David

Problem with wired rear sensors on the SLK is getting the wiring past the complicated boot hinge mechanism - thankfully my SLK has them from new, same applies to a reversing camera which is why I did not get one fitted - pity, as I really like the one comand.co.uk fitt4ed to my S204.

I'd stay clear of the wireless ones, I've known them to be unreliable.

I'd stay clear of the wireless ones, I've known them to be unreliable.
Thanks for that info, I was only going for wireless to avoid difficult wiring runs, although I can only find rear sensors wireless and I do need front and rear. I will follow the other threads and see what I can come up with

Problem with wired rear sensors on the SLK is getting the wiring past the complicated boot hinge mechanism - thankfully my SLK has them from new, same applies to a reversing camera which is why I did not get one fitted - pity, as I really like the one comand.co.uk fitt4ed to my S204.
Yes I had them on my Mk 2 280. also on my CLS shooting break, plus front and rear cameras and I really miss them on my Mk 3, even though I did manage to back into the wall backing of my drive, this was because I had the music up too loud and the low volume of the transmitter at the rear, or just bad driving.

If you don't mind a drive to Surrey and want original sensors coded to the car then try :https://www.commandonline.co.uk/https://www.commandonline.co.uk/about-our-site.html
Yes just had a quick look at their site, rather expensive at about £1000.00, although I have priced up all the necessary merc parts and that was about the price I arrived at, so it will be cheaper to suffer a few scratches and get them repaired before I sell the car, this was the reason that i was looking for retro fit kits. Thanks for your interest
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom