Retro-fitting of Air Scarf on E-Class 220 cabriolet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wraakian

Car
Mercedes E220 BEFF Cabriolet
I recently purchased a Mercedes E220 BEFF cabriolet that the far away dealership that advertised it as having air scarf. However when I drove it home I realised it did not have air scarf! I informed the dealship about this stating that I had only purchased the vehicle from them because it was advertised as having the air scarf due to my suffering from neck arthritis.:mad:

After several communications they came back to me after reviewing their ad and apologised and asked me what I wanted them to do, I said I wanted the air scarf retro-fitted by Mercedes so they asked me to get a quote for authorisation. However, upon asking for a quote from Mercedes they came back and told me they did not have a retro-air scarf kit for my vehicle? :wallbash:

I am now looking for someone else who may be able to retro-fit air scarf into an E-Class 220 cabriolet therefore please does anyone know of someone who can do this work hopefully an authorised mechanic/garage.:dk:

Is it an approved MB car and how long have you had it? You will need to look the approved scheme up but there is a return within a certain period clause; if within the period, they will not like it and it may stir them into action. You either do that or have them give you something in writing that they will do the work including getting the prices…they are the supplier after all.

Unfortunately it was not a Mercedes dealership I purchased it from so it was not an approved Mercedes as such. The dealership has already agreed to pay for air scarf to be retro fitted but Mercedes Bolton has told me they don't do a retro air scarf kit for my 2011 E-class 220 cdi BEFF Sport ? I cannot believe that this is the case and really need to find someone who can do this retro fit.

The only way you could do it would be the source the all parts, new or used, as there is no whole kit available, it being a build option and not a dealer fit option. As for fitting, a good independent may take on the work but the whole thing will be very expensive.

Last edited:
Sorry forgot to add that I have only had the car for 3 weeks but do not want to return the car if I can have a retro-fit air scarf installed as I do like all other aspects of the vehicle.

Sorry forgot to add that I have only had the car for 3 weeks but do not want to return the car if I can have a retro-fit air scarf installed as I do like all other aspects of the vehicle.

Maybe speak to someone like Mercland who could supply all the parts from a crash damaged E Class. Other than that, you could approach MB parts but the price for the individual parts will be huge. I would make this the first priority because when the find out the cost, highly likely the seller will suddenly become unhelpful.

Edit: you could also post it on here and see if this helpful chap can assist. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/189887-what-do-you-want-know.html

Last edited:
Sorry to sound negative, but retrofitting AirScarf will be hugely expensive and -as Giantvanman has already said - the dealer you purchased the car from will more than likely withdraw their offer. However, all is not lost...

As the car was advertised with AirScarf and you've been clear with the dealer that the presence of that feature was material in your decision to purchase, you can reject it and get your money back. Frankly, I think this will be the best resolution.

I thought I would just add what happened with my E220 not having the airscarf. Jaguar, who sold me the car gave me a substantial refund on the vehicle's original price and I kept the beautiful car until I sold it on. Now I wish I'd have kept it when my later DS5 died! Just hoping my future 68 plate C200 cab turns out to be a good car, when I get down to see it next week! That is unless our train journey is disrupted by the pending strike action next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom