Retro fitting reversing camera to C204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Reversing camera is on my list for both my next car and hers.
If it's something you find hard to live without, and you are not fussy on having it fully factory fitted, you can get them now awfully cheap...
EchoMaster Monitor and Reversing Camera Kit

... but you might have noticed as you’re such an astute driver that the roads are fuller they they were 30 years ago so every little helps [emoji3061]

Indeed, thanks for the compliment :) Yes, I did notice, I use to love driving, but now, it's just a chore to get from A to B...

I can wait until the next car but it will be a priority over things like lane or blindspot warning.

I can wait until the next car but it will be a priority over things like lane or blindspot warning.
Absolutely concur with your decision. I know I'm an old fart, but I've fitted these to every car I've had for 4 decades (blindspot mirrors) , and I know how to change lanes safely, just as I'm positive you do too LOL
blind spot mirror.jpeg

I'm very much a fan of none-intrusive tech, with the least amount of bings and bongs. :D

Thanks Jon English I was reading with excitement until you mentioned cutting a hole to make the camera fit , which I dont fancy doing, then being unable to fit the unit under the HU and having to cut wires - both of these made me think this isnt the option Im looking for sadly. Close, but not close enough for me.

You can get a replacement boot handle with a built in camera

You can get a replacement boot handle with a built in camera

I see those but then I need an interface box as its a Becker sat nav unit and not a comand unit. You can buy a camera for £13 but its the stuff to make it work thats the crux of the issue.

The kit came with a hole cutter for the camera so that was the easy part, granted getting the head unit back in was tricky and I probably could have done it with out cutting the plugs off but I just found it the easiest solution, to be honest, you’ll struggle to find a better system for the money and it works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is fantastic value for what is essentially something decent and fitted to OEM quality by people that know what they’re doing. I’ve always assumed it would be expensive, is that price including fitting by command? Or is that kit only

That is fantastic value for what is essentially something decent and fitted to OEM quality by people that know what they’re doing. I’ve always assumed it would be expensive, is that price including fitting by command? Or is that kit only
That's the kit only.

I had it fitted alongside a few other jobs (COMAND retrofit, sound system upgrade, etc) so I can't tell you how much they would charge for fitting.

This is a great bit of kit, can you tell us where to purchase it if you dont mind?
I am seriously considering this. I hired an E class last year with a camera and found it sooo much better than just mirrors I missed it ever since..And want one on my C class.

Also can anybody advise on how to tell which model of nav system I have? I have a 2012 C class face lift 204 estate.
It has the Beker nav black box in the glove box, and no sd card slot on the front of the radio is this audio 20 that you have or???

Thanks

When I bought my 2012 C204 Coupe 2 years ago I wanted to fit a reverse camera and had seen loads of YouTube videos on how to fit one to the head unit and switch it on in the engineering mode, then one day I watch a video from someone with a face lift 204 like mine and he fitted the camera to the car but when it came to plugging it into the head unit there wasn’t any where to plug the camera into, so I realised I couldn’t simply fit a camera I needed an interface unit, I’d seen a few but they was knocking on the door of £200 lot of money for a camera
emoji47.png
well not long ago I came across a kit for a little over £100 from Taiwan and with Christmas coming I stuck it on my wish list, well come Christmas morning hay presto, Santa has only gone and brought me one
emoji4.png
it’s made by a company called Sune-technology and the model is Navline SE-MB204B, it is a plug and play device that needs no programming, it works off the canbus and also displays the parking sensors too, the only issue I had was there was no instructions and the patch lead had blue plugs on the end and the head unit doesn’t have any blue cables
emoji3061.png
after some tooing and frooing to the manufacturers they finally came back and told me I needed to unplug the grey lead and connect it to the interface and the use the patch lead to go from the interface back to the grey plug in the head unit, once I’d sorted that it all works great.
0030ae37a09d2a056989dbbfdcee42f2.jpg
5be7ab7b7dedbcfebc86025dd03fb012.jpg
fa1d5df2e9efe3770793f18f311eaf84.jpg

Hi Jon English I will like to fix reverse camera to mer
The kit came with a hole cutter for the camera so that was the easy part, granted getting the head unit back in was tricky and I probably could have done it with out cutting the plugs off but I just found it the easiest solution, to be honest, you’ll struggle to find a better system for the money and it works very well.

Hi Jon English, am a new member got c class W204 in October 2019.I will like to fix reverse camera to my car.After reading your post,I think that will be best option for me to retro fit the camera to my audio 20.I purchased the kits and I may need you help soon.thanks

What kit did you purchase?

Originally reverse camera was only offered with COMAND, not Audio20, so any kit you fit will have to be a non-original kit that is suited for the Audio20 system (I.e. the original MB retrofit kit won't work with Audio20).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom