Retro fitting W221 splitview screen and harman kardon entertainment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc-Man24

Car
2005 E280CDi
Hi peeps.

Is it possible to retrofit the Harman Kardon entertainment to my car. One of my friends is selling his car and has asked if I wanted to swap the system over. Is this possible. He has a 2010 S500 with the splitview Command and rear seat entertainment. Mines is a 2011 s350. Everything is still in the cars. any information would be greatly appreciated .

Hi peeps.

Is it possible to retrofit the Harman Kardon entertainment to my car. One of my friends is selling his car and has asked if I wanted to swap the system over. Is this possible. He has a 2010 S500 with the splitview Command and rear seat entertainment. Mines is a 2011 s350. Everything is still in the cars. any information would be greatly appreciated .

Yes its possible but it isn't just a straight swap. There will be a lot of dismantling as the all the speakers and mountings are different, as is the tuner/amp and wiring. Then there will be some crafty coding required.

Just to help its useful if the trim colour is the same, and you'd save a lot of time if you buy a new HK loom (and possibly front door looms) for the car receiving the HK

But, it is a *massive* job

(although moving the splitview is relatively simple)

Richard

Thanks for the reply, I have the complete car available and want to swap the trim because it's piano black. I thought I'd swap the doors over because it's easier than removing the door cards and speakers.

Would the hk loom come from the headunit or the rear of the car by the audio gateway. I'm Very determined to do this. most probably going to swap the doors as well because of swirl marks. I'm very determined to do this , I will 've taking pics and documenting this.

HK loom is from the amp in the boot. Pretty sure the HK loom only differs by having extra wiring for the extra speakers for HK.

You need to compare the option list on both vehicles and just consider what is not on one but is on the other for things you swop over if you swop whole doors (i.e. keyless go, soft close, interior illumination package (i.e the LED lights in the door trims) ....) and I would be surprised if the colour match was perfect if you swop doors.

Cheers

Richard

You'd probably be as well just swapping cars!

Lol, it's pretty much a basic car but with the hk and rear seat entertainment. My main concern is removing the rear screens. ain't too bothered about the hk

I do a lot of Euro trips and the Kids are always fighting and arguing. Would shut them right up. Lol

Swapped the tweaters. That was a straight swap.

Split view should be easy, swop the display, and move the AUX/Headphone socket set thats on that car and not yours across, and then you'll need the head unit coding for Splitview

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom