Retrofit Autodim RVM W208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Had a look at the HOWTO's , but nothing for a w208 ...

Has anyone done it ? Is it simple ?

Pluggers description is for a pre facelift 202 , any differences for the post facelift 208 ?

I'm assuming there will be a loom you will need toplug into, I had to fit a loom to my poverty spec w202 classic. If a loom is there you will see a plug hanging when you remove the normal mirror. You will need to twist it and not pull.

Howard,
Fitting a dimming mirror to a 208 CLK is just plug and play, the new mirror will have a plug on it which just plugs into the overhead interior light/sunroof unit, no additional looms required (only really early 202's needed the additional loom).
The WIS retro fit work instructions are the same for the 210, 202 and 208 i believe.

That's what i like to hear !!

Thanks Andy , i don't suppose you have the WIS details you could email me could you ?

H

Howard,
Fitting a dimming mirror to a 208 CLK is just plug and play, the new mirror will have a plug on it which just plugs into the overhead interior light/sunroof unit, no additional looms required (only really early 202's needed the additional loom).
The WIS retro fit work instructions are the same for the 210, 202 and 208 i believe.

This was precisely the case when I did my W202. There is a lead fitted to the RVM and this plugs into a socket in the upper light unit. Literally plug and play.

Have you got your RVM? I was lucky. I got mine from the states. It has a Mic built in and garage door opener. (Neither of which I use, unfortunately).

I haven't actually got it yet , but i've agreed to buy one.

I have only got them as a paper print somewhere, but i seem to remember seeing them posted on here somewhere, i might be wrong but i think it was shude who posted them but you really don,t need them Howard, it is so simple, the hardest part of it is putting the mirror back up in place.

I've bought a grey one , my old one is grey. But thank you anyway. :)

Errrrr , don't know , you tell me Steve ? :D

Can you PM me your details please ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom