Retrofit CarPlay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just brought a used GLC with 8.4 screen, and i want car play, do they fit at their address or at yours?

I just brought a used GLC with 8.4 screen, and i want car play, do they fit at their address or at yours?
It’s diy fitting, you buy the box and fit it yourself, it’s easy. But I’m not sure if the offer a fitting service, if they do it would be in Leicester.

One other unexpected benefit is that the CarPlay box has an EQ available, I have HK sound but I was never all that happy with it. But using the EQ of the box, I have got it sounding pretty damn good, better than other cars which have had HK sound and CarPlay as standard, so I’m very happy on that front

Would I be able to trouble you for the settings you’ve placed on the CarPlay box interface, EQ and Comand audio settings to get good sound quality?

I’ve recently installed one of the boxes supplied by Scott - it’s very impressive but I’m still struggling to fine tune the audio (HK speakers) to try and replicate the great sound quality I had from my original media interface.

I’d prefer to keep my HK speakers rather than go down the route of installing morel speakers.

Thanks v much!

Would I be able to trouble you for the settings you’ve placed on the CarPlay box interface, EQ and Comand audio settings to get good sound quality?

I’ve recently installed one of the boxes supplied by Scott - it’s very impressive but I’m still struggling to fine tune the audio (HK speakers) to try and replicate the great sound quality I had from my original media interface.

I’d prefer to keep my HK speakers rather than go down the route of installing morel speakers.

Thanks v much!

The Morel speakers are so much better than the standard HK ones. In fact I’d go as far as saying they are orders of magnitude better. You won’t ever get great sound out of a cheap speaker no matter what you drive it with. The standard HK speakers are marginally better than the basic non HK ones.

We have fitted literally hundreds of Morels to cars with HK amplification. The results are amazing.

Thanks very much @Alfie. I’ll certainly look into this over the next few months and have heard good reviews about them.

In the interim, I would be keen to see if I can achieve better output replicating @Technoholic ’s settings if possible.

Fingers crossed it’ll be close to what I originally had with a cabled media interface connection and HK which wasn’t abominable!

One other unexpected benefit is that the CarPlay box has an EQ available, I have HK sound but I was never all that happy with it. But using the EQ of the box, I have got it sounding pretty damn good, better than other cars which have had HK sound and CarPlay as standard, so I’m very happy on that front

Hi @Technoholic - just wondering if you’re able to provide a snapshot or details of the EQ settings you’ve set for your CarPlay box?

I’d love to see if I can replicate the same sound that you’ve managed to achieve.

Thanks very much again.

Hi all,

Just wondering anyone who has on fitted is getting on with it?

I am thinking about getting one myself and fit it.

Did anyone fit one themselves? Was it a tricky install? I'm experienced with the spanners and taking the trim apart in the W204, but just wondering if anyone had any tips / tircks and where to mount the box.

Cheers,

Al

Hi all,

Just wondering anyone who has on fitted is getting on with it?

I am thinking about getting one myself and fit it.

Did anyone fit one themselves? Was it a tricky install? I'm experienced with the spanners and taking the trim apart in the W204, but just wondering if anyone had any tips / tircks and where to mount the box.

Cheers,

Al

You first question is covered in post #20 in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom