Retrofit command screen in a non command car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arronb

Car
A45
Hi all

Just registered as new to MB and need some help please.

Picked up my 2014 A45 last week and love it, has all the options I wanted when I was looking for the right car, was never fussed about command but must admit I do like the bigger 8" screen.

Plan was to buy a used command screen from a write off and just replace my small screen, found an 8" screen and called MB and a retrofit company just to double check it was a straight swap and to my surprise both said it was not possible and the only way was to retrofit full command!

Can anyone on here also confirm as I thought it was essentially just a monitor so would not matter whether it was Audio 20 or command sending a signal to it, am I wrong?

I have seen the Chinese 8" screens that say they are plug and play but they seem to be £400 from Australia and then the possibility of import duty so not cheap, plus I'd prefer OE.

Any help and and advice appreciated.

Thanks
Arron

I think you would have to buy it and try it.

Is it the same plug?

Is it the same resolution?

They are the only issues.

Cheers AMGeed

The screens are different resolutions. Although I have not tried it I expect that the display will either not work, flicker, or be unreadable, or give you a small picture filling part of the screen.

(This is what happens if you change Audio 20 to COMAND and don't reconfigure the reversing camera (yes, A class Audio-20 has versions that support reverse camera).

Richard

Thanks Richard.

Seems typical MB, was also going to fit a reversing camera but would appear that is not straight forward either.

Hi
The standard audio20 has no reverse camera input. There is an audio 20 with a camera input, but if going down that route you ought consider comand too

I guess you need to consider comand. Benefits are bigger screen, faster mapping, reverse camera is possible. You can't retrofit the live traffic stuff though

Enjoy the A45 :)

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom