Retrofit digital TV [863] to W211 2004 - Thanks to MBenzNL for parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miro

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 slightly modified
Started at 7:30pm

863-1a.jpg

Tuner in position
863-2a.jpg

Rear Seat
863-3.jpg

Interior shot
863-4.jpg

Now there is a TV button !
863-5.jpg

Instrument cluster shows ..... (look at the time)
863-6.jpg

Digital TV provides a TV guide for each channel
863-7.jpg

First preview of a movie in digital resolution
863-8.jpg

Same movie, same car - not digital
863-9.jpg

It's FOUR minutes past bewitching hour!!! No one works that late on their own car!!!! :) I'm impressed :bannana: :bannana:

Regards,
John

Is that an EV4 hanging up behind the car?

mmmmmmmm nice...

Thats amazing - that would scare me witless. I want to upgrade the sound system on my car (see later post) and I have a suspision that this is going to be the dsort of work involved..............just not by me !! :D

Very very impressed

plgibson said:
How much was the tuner?

I bought a complete bundle from mbenznl.com - it came with the optional head unit swap but that wasnt needed. Not all head units in all cars come with a TV connector. This one did so the new head unit wasnt needed.

Tuner only is $1400 Euro

glojo said:
It's FOUR minutes past bewitching hour!!! No one works that late on their own car!!!! :) I'm impressed :bannana: :bannana:

Regards,
John

Oh it's much worse than that. I drove 600 miles to work on that car (i did another install of COMAND before that). Then got into my car and drove back. :crazy:

I was very interested in proving the concept since the TV option 863 wont be in Australia for another 6 months.

Great job, Miro! Just hope you got a little sleep before driving back home again. :)

greetingz,

BigSis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom