Retrofit Heated Seats s211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Remenham

Car
S211 E320CDI Sport
Has anyone retro fitted heated seats to a 211?

My car is well optioned but one thing it doesn't have is heated seats. The blank switches annoy me more than the lack of heating itself.

I know from research that it can be done by a firm called Braybrooks for £1170. I realize the price is crazy compared to original cost and its money down the drain.

What concerns me about doing it is whether putting the elements in damages the looks/construction of the seats which must have to be taken apart and put back together.

My seats are sports, black leather.

Any experience of this being done?

first step would be to buy the looms and switch pack and connect theres probably a control module too.

after this three ways of doing

1. replace seats with the heated elements and sell yours
2. buy aftermarket or a heater element from another model and fit under your own covers
3. replace your covers with original ones which have the lements already in them

We did them for a few customers and decided never again!

Yes the seats have to come to bits and its difficult to get them to go back together properly..
The pads we used were quite thick so the leather looked bulged in the centre! Wouldnt notice unless you had seen what it was like before...

The switches and wiring are a pain.. On the second car we did we just used the Waeco supplied switches mounted on the side of the seat.. Trying to get the Merc switches and wiring to work with the waeco pads is not only expensive its a faff too.

No wonder they charge £1170!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom