Retrofit ICE Radio Sat Nav

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by eddyneill, Dec 13, 2015.

1. eddyneill

eddyneill New Member

Car:
    Vito Dualiner 639
    Thinking about retrofitting radio satnav purchased from ebay (Preston i.c.e.)
    Item #181959878809
    Are they plug and play or do they require coding to the vehicle. 2012 Vito 113
    Is this an easy diy fit or something for a pro.
    Any advice appreciated.

2. KoFidee

KoFidee Active Member

Car:
    Mercedes AMG W205 C CLASS W447 Sport 119 X350d A220 4 matic
    Not fitted one of these but
    I would say very easy
    pull off plastic trim from around existing unit carefully
    then remove 4 x torx screws old unit will slide out slide lever over on back off old unit to release connector etc
    it will not need coding being aftermarket
    only issues maybe steering control and displays depending on what new interface supports

1 person likes this.
  3. Giantvanman

Giantvanman MB Enthusiast

Car:
    FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
    Keep in mind that this is a cheap Chinese copy (copy= rip off to look like the original) of the COMAND head unit. Some have had no issues, some have but you get what you pay for. Better, I would say, to pick up either a good condition double din unit made by Pioneer or Kenwood (much better quality, easy to update the maps and easier to use being full touchscreen) or a used COMAND unit.

For your info, Merc offered a Kenwood all singing and dancing double din touchscreen as an option/alternative to COMAND in the Vito. I only found out after I had COMAND fitted…you could say I was gutted to find that out.

1 person likes this.