Retrofit in West Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lapchien

Car
GLE 450
Hi, I recently changed my CLA 220 for a CLS 400. Three weeks old, fully loaded - apart from the option I forgot to add, Speed Limit Assist. It shows the speed limit signs in the dash.

There is a firm down south that can retrofit it, but is there any company around the midlands that can do this?

I can't answer the retrofit question, but I've got Speed Limit Assist, and whilst it's ok, I wouldn't pay to have it added, unless it's a very sensible price.

Firm down south said they will fit it for £295 - same as the option price from MB. I had it on my CLA and found it really useful, especially when I drove it down to Italy last summer.

That seems like good value - I'd spend that on it :thumb:.

Lots of retrofits run into big bucks.

Hi, I recently changed my CLA 220 for a CLS 400. Three weeks old, fully loaded - apart from the option I forgot to add, Speed Limit Assist. It shows the speed limit signs in the dash.

There is a firm down south that can retrofit it, but is there any company around the midlands that can do this?

I wouldn't bother. It's a pita. Flashes up at almost every bloody speed sign. I cannot remember the last time I was driving and didn't know the speed limit on a road. I sure as hell don't need reminding about it every 10 seconds.

So I've turned mine off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom