Retrofit IWC clock & carbon console

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

f17ant

Car
W205 C63 Saloon
Hi Guys

I have the piano black console with no IWC clock, I managed to find a complete genuine Mercedes carbon console fully built with the IWC clock!

I noticed on here there’s no actual “how to” retrofit a clock if you don’t have one (as there is no wiring for it if you didn’t have the clock option from factory)

I have ordered a made up loom from braybrooks and will post a step by step installation (if it goes successfully!) wish me luck

I would upload a picture of the console but forum telling me file is too big

Ant

Instructions and loom arrived today looks easy enough! 😊

Attachments

• 9F7001F0-D478-4E82-86E2-04D32D14A955.jpeg
    9F7001F0-D478-4E82-86E2-04D32D14A955.jpeg
    456 KB · Views: 43
  • E5949C9E-1356-4A0A-84E3-BEF0C8F57D18.jpeg
    E5949C9E-1356-4A0A-84E3-BEF0C8F57D18.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 39
I like the look of the analogue clock and wouldn't mind fitting one to my W205 C Class. Is it possible to just buy the clock on it's own, or do I have to buy the whole console ?

I like the look of the analogue clock and wouldn't mind fitting one to my W205 C Class. Is it possible to just buy the clock on it's own, or do I have to buy the whole console ?
I don't think your current console has the cutout for the clock.

Yes you are right there is no cut out for the clock, I wasn't sure if the clock sat on top of the console or weather it needed a cut out in the console. Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are right there is no cut out for the clock, I wasn't sure if the clock sat on top of the console or weather it needed a cut out in the console. Thanks for your reply.
That’s why I waited until I found a complete built console because if you don’t have the clock you will need a centre console that can hold one, you need a new switch panel and the clock itself.

Then you will still need to swap all your bits over

Look forward to the retro fit,I have never thought it a good idea for companies to have so many wiring looms,far better to have fewer it makes for a less complicated build,and the cost would be less because then production would not read the build sheets wrong and at a later stage it all has to be ripped out,I suggest you look at a company I used to work for on You Tube put in CNH factory tour,that company could make tractors all year and never repeat the build thats where having too many options leads you to.

Ive fitted the IWC clock to my SLC. Somewhat easier as its just a trim panel change on top of the dashboard. However, to do the job properly you should have the data card updated and the car coded.

Accors
Ive fitted the IWC clock to my SLC. Somewhat easier as its just a trim panel change on top of the dashboard. However, to do the job properly you should have the data card updated and the car coded.
According to Braybrooks the car doesn’t need to be coded and the clock will pick up the time from the head unit and adjust accordingly

I do like the analogue clock retrofit....wish I had done it before having my console hydrodipped :wallbash:

I do like the analogue clock retrofit....wish I had done it before having my console hydrodipped :wallbash:
Thanks mate, the IWC belongs in an AMG ! So couldn’t let this console pass when I found it

Accors

According to Braybrooks the car doesn’t need to be coded and the clock will pick up the time from the head unit and adjust accordingly
I know but if you want it done properly you add the code to the datacard accordingly.

This is the console I’ll be installing
I also changed my piano black centre console for one with the IWC clock. Where did you get the carbon console from? I looked for ages for a carbon one but they were very thin on the ground at the time and going for silly money. In the end I had to settle for the black ash effect one.

I also changed my piano black centre console for one with the IWC clock. Where did you get the carbon console from? I looked for ages for a carbon one but they were very thin on the ground at the time and going for silly money. In the end I had to settle for the black ash effect one.
Found it on a crashed damage C63 Estate, guy wanted £1250 for it but I kept bugging him until I got it for the price I was willing to pay for it…

Did you use the braybrooks loom to connect yours up ?

Found it on a crashed damage C63 Estate, guy wanted £1250 for it but I kept bugging him until I got it for the price I was willing to pay for it…

Did you use the braybrooks loom to connect yours up ?
👍
I did……well my friend who’s an auto electrician did anyway. No need to go into the SAM module, it can be wired into the switches near the headlights switch👍

👍
I did……well my friend who’s an auto electrician did anyway. No need to go into the SAM module, it can be wired into the switches near the headlights switch👍
Yes was planning to tap into the yellow cable on the parking sensor switch, I’m glad someone else has tapped into the same point 😁

Ok installed the centre console, I took photos but didn’t get video clips as was having tech difficulties with my camera (couldn’t find it sorry killerherts 😞)

It’s just a simple swap and with the correct connectors you can’t go wrong

D7432BAF-1617-4F2E-9420-0C2352492516.jpeg

First things first you have to remove this fuse box by pushing down on the tabs I highlighted in pink, the blue bit I highlighted is a empty fuse carrier and where I will be installing a fuse for the IWC clock.
After you remove the fuse box disconnect the parking sensor switch (next to the headlight switch) access is very easy with the fuse box out.

Next step is to remove the centre console.
Pull the releasing latch upwards to expose the 2 screws (highlighted in blue) that hold the centre console down.

F027F9A9-D4C6-46DB-9C0F-211A14000C3F.jpeg

Once you remove the 2 screws carefully lift the console upwards starting from the bottom. Then unplugging all the centre console connections. Once you unplug everything carefully take the centre console out of the car and wire in the made up loom from Braybrooks.

ED44549B-0F66-4AA7-B370-D7B2AB86FE77.jpeg

I started my route feeding the cable underneath the steering wheel to the centre console area. Then from steering wheel to fuse box. Once I was happy with the length on each end I undone 2 screws that hold up the plastic tray in the footwell and cable tied the loom out of the way (so when I adjust steering column it won’t catch on the cables)

Next is to wire in the red cable (from braybrooks loom) into the fuse box

ACF74064-D323-49FA-A562-71CBF69D443E.jpeg

You have to remove the locking mechanism by using a small flat head screwdriver to hold the lock open (highlighted in blue) then push the red cable into position (highlighted green) once the red cable is in remove the screwdriver to lock cable in.

6AFC92D6-6A8D-44B4-81A5-5056E8D0C168.jpeg

I then used “T Tap Connectors” to tap my yellow cable into the yellow cable that goes to the parking sensor switch (which we removed earlier). After that’s done connect the parking sensor switch back up and move to the console area.

FB820092-23B6-427F-BE65-31C52C206497.jpeg

I used another T tap connector to tap my brown cable into the brown plug that feeds the panel the IWC clock sits in. I then wrapped all my connections up in tape provided by braybrooks (see below)

82015718-7380-4533-B949-84BB87EB7806.jpeg

Next is to put everything back together. Plug in your new console, plug in the clock, all switches. After everything is plugged in place the 3 or 5A fuse in the fuse holder for the clock.

Switch on your ignition. The IWC clock should adjust to the correct time. Check that all your switches still work. Make sure the parking sensor switch still works. Turn on your headlights and make sure the clock lights up. If all good you can screw down the console and close up the fuse box panel.

FC1014B8-088A-476F-84A5-922EC898ACBB.jpeg

Hope this helps anyone that wants to try and retrofit the clock. The biggest help to me was the T Tap Connectors as I didn’t need to solder or cut any cables. Don’t buy cheap crap ones get ones with good reviews. If anyone needs help doing this give me a shout

Attachments

• 07963699-3579-4441-B19B-25A0DD5FF6BB.jpeg
    07963699-3579-4441-B19B-25A0DD5FF6BB.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom