Retrofit Telephone pre-wiring for SLK 171

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lekan

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Telephone pre-wiring with hands-free facility for a Nokia in an SLK171 in the South East or in London. Total price including labour costs. Thanks

Lekan said:
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Telephone pre-wiring with hands-free facility for a Nokia in an SLK171 in the South East or in London. Total price including labour costs. Thanks

I dont know what you are expecting but I would tend to think that if you wanted phone then you may as well tick a few more boxes.

miro said:
I dont know what you are expecting but I would tend to think that if you wanted phone then you may as well tick a few more boxes.

The car has left the factory and is getting delivered soon

Lekan said:
The car has left the factory and is getting delivered soon

No I meant, if you intend to use someone's services to fit a phone system then you may as well fit everything else that you want fitted.

Having worked on this car several times I can tell you that it will look something like this ...... (except the doors)

slk2.jpg

You may as well add voice control and be the only car in the UK with that option. Or perhaps second .....

R171VCS-10.jpg

R171VCS-3.jpg

HINT: CLS uses the same parts as does the SLK 171 for its levers. :)

grober said:
you might want to take alook at this site I posted this week. http://www.billsden.org/mercedes/slk/docs/

Bear one thing in mind .... the USA cars are PREWIRED for everything (except sat radio). Thus installing a phone kit into a USA car takes around 10% of the effort to a UK car.

If you work on these diagrams you will feel "ripped off" by anyone who quotes many more hours of labour than would seem apparent given the USA documents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom