Retrofit Wireless charging pad W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

f17ant

Car
W205 C63 Saloon
Hey everyone

Just a quick question guys has anyone managed to retrofit the wireless charging pad from the facelift W205 to pre facelift W205

i see online you can get the whole ashtray (which comes with the charging pad and cables) online for around £450, with a slight modification it fits “apparently”

I don’t care too much for this mod (if it works) but has anyone here managed to do it ???

I have wireless apple CarPlay would be nice to just drop my phone there and off I go but again I still charge the phone via usb cable so no big deal if it isn’t worth the hassle

I didn’t want to pay £450 so I bought a charge-pad off EBay for £14 which came with about 700 mm of cable. I coiled that up and put in a foam sandwich made from an old exercise mat and glued some leatherette around it with a short piece of cable and USB protruding.It looks homemade on close scrutiny but when it nestles in the cup holder space only the top face is visible and it looks and works fine.FEDF9DFA-1414-476D-83F4-98F20A0D3831.jpegA5A6BDBE-C1BD-46F1-8A18-EF5440A3E9A7.jpeg

It can be moved to the central console if you want to add back the cup holders. A saving of £436 which you can spend on tyres or petrol or the wife !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom