Retrofittable Adaptive Brake Light System

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
After many months of development, tests, prototypes, trials, etc, I have now completed the task, and am ready to offer to fellow car enthusiasts, an intelligent adaptive brake light system, with essentially the same functionality, as the high-end Mercedes built-in one, but at a fraction of the cost, and fully independent of the vehicle's computer system. In fact, the idea was to be able to fit it to a 30-yr car, and that's what I have achieved.

My FLASH••A••BRAKE™ system will know not only when you brake hard, but also the direction of travel, which is its unique feature - who wants the third light to flash, when you go over a speed bump - and will alert other road users to the emergency braking, just like the factory-built adaptive brake light systems in the latest top end Mercedes and some other marques.

Unlike those cheap Chinese strobe units, it is legal and fully compliant with the current regulations, as it will only flash, when rapid deceleration in primary direction is detected, and will not fail you an MOT.

The system can be retrofitted into almost any car, and is small enough to be fitted inside a tailgate trim, or a boot lid, etc. A simple DIY installation is all that's required - the unit sits between your existing third brake light, and the signal wire from either the SAM, or the brake sensor in older cars. The only additional requirement is an 'ignition on' 12V feed.

It can also be fitted to flash all brake lights, but please check with me, and consult your manual as to the wattage of your light bulbs (particularly for older cars), but realistically, unless you have flood light projectors for your brake lights, it'll be perfectly alright.

The unit will be supplied with a top of the range, genuine 3M Dual-Lock mounting pads, and a high density, closed cell, anti-vibration pad, to ensure best possible fitting and prevent it becoming dislodged over time. It can be mounted in any position, at any angle, etc.

If a DIY install is not something you're comfortable with, a professional should be able to fit the unit in 10-15 minutes tops, so shouldn't be too expensive.

Whether your priority is improved safety, or the cool factor, or indeed both (as it was for me) - FLASH••A••BRAKE™ will deliver!

The unit is priced at £155, which includes a tracked delivery in the UK.

I shall be more than happy to offer a 10% discount to MBClubUK members - just mention your forum name, when placing your order via email.

Payments can be made by credit/debit cards; PayPal or bank transfer.
No surcharges for credit cards or PayPal, but I can't take AmEx or Diners.
PayPal email as below. At this time there's no VAT to pay.

The website with an online shop is not up yet, but I'll keep the forum updated - shouldn't be too long now.

Any questions - please PM or email, either via forum, or directly to:
info @ keepnessrobotics . com

David

FLASH••A••BRAKE™ -- an Intelligent Adaptive Brake Light system by KEEP NESS ROBOTICS
Developed by car enthusiast for car enthusiasts!
Safe • Reliable • Affordable

PM, email or contact me on facebook or twitter

This advertisement is posted with the kind permission of the MBClubUK, however please note, the FLASH••A••BRAKE™ adaptive brake light system is neither endorsed, nor supported by mbclub.co.uk

Right, to celebrate the World Gin Day (and yes, I already have, somewhat), Keep Ness Robotics is offering an extra 5% off (on top of 10% discount), to any member, who orders a Flash••A••Brake™ unit over this weekend, so that's a £131.75 including delivery in the UK! Any form of payment, even turnips, accepted (how many are old enough to remember the joke?) - but mostly credit/debit cards, PayPal or bank transfer.

First order still gets a set of aftermarket black roadster wheel caps, and the second - an aftermarket Mercedes key ring.
Both are very good quality, and are from my personal stash (and I an very fussy about true MB star reproduction, etc).

:thumb:

FLASH••A••BRAKE™ unit:

34476290513_ce62f2e8b6_o.jpg

:thumb:

I'm having a little sale, till the end of the month: an extra £10 off of the club price (10% discount), making it £129.50 delivered!

Payment by credit / debit card; PayPal (info @ keepnessrobotics.com) or bank transfer.

Sounds good and am interested, but it'd be really good to see a video of it in action before laying down the cash.

Sounds good and am interested, but it'd be really good to see a video of it in action before laying down the cash.

Sure, perfectly reasonable.

I'm trying to arrange a [semi] professional video done, but unfortunately the chap has been unwell recently, so I'll have to wait a bit longer, I'm afraid.

If someone has the gear, and the expertise, to produce a short promo video for me, I'd be happy to donate (and install) a unit?

David

While the video is still "a work in progress", Im having another sale, for the entire month of August: same as before - an extra £10 off of the forum price, so the total is £129.50 delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom