Retrofitted Harman Kardon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
I have at last finished the retrofit of Harman Kardon to my B class.

Its not a quick or easy job by any means but after much trim removal its done.

Total strip out of the rear of the car and run the loom to each door, new rear quarter panels, new amp, fibre, looms, all door panels off, comand out etc. I also ran the loom for NTG 2.5 TV as this is the next upgrade. W245 digital TV with NTG 2.5 was a factory option despite what the price/list states ;)

I decided also that the stanard HK speakers in the doors could do with a bit of beefing up! These were replaced with some Morel dotech ovation components. The rear doors were fitted with Morel Co-ax 5.25". All the doors skins inside were liberally covered with dynamat too.

Trickiest part was getting the fuse box out and dismantled to get the power feed in (Thanks Richard). Easiest part was installing the sub in the boot and coding the amp/comand.

The results I have to say are outstanding. It has far exceeded the quality I was expecting. The Morels provide a clarity and frequency range that is simply outstanding. All other speakers are standard HK.

If anyone is unhappy with their HK system then I recommend changing the door speakers for some high end Morels/dynamat.

After TV is comfort suspension :rock:

Any pics? I dont think we have ever seen pics of this car since you git it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom