Retrofitted NAV, NAV Data won't display in Instrument Cluster?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C30077

Car
S350
Hey All check this out - an issue!
I successfully retrofitted factory NAV in my C300, however, I have an isseu that I tried to get resolved at two service departments and both failed at getting my Nav Data to display in the Instrument Cluster. The second dealer's service advisor told me that Mercedes told them, that for US cars, UMI is the only way this can be accomplished - which seems so strange to me. :wallbash:

Anyone else out there with a retrofitted Factory NAV installation run into this issue?

any help or leads would be appreciated:dk:

Tell them to add the option code to your chassis number in the diagnostic unit. Then to wait 1 hour and recode the instrument cluster. It should work via SCN coding if the correct option code has been adherred in the diagnostic.

In Australia it would be +527 as the new option.

Last edited:
Mine was a retrofit and all it needed was coding in Star.
It did take them a couple of goes to get it right.

Shouldn't they also put the old (Audio 20 I assume) head unit option code to the deleted equipment list?

Hey All check this out - an issue!
I successfully retrofitted factory NAV in my C300, however, I have an isseu that I tried to get resolved at two service departments and both failed at getting my Nav Data to display in the Instrument Cluster. The second dealer's service advisor told me that Mercedes told them, that for US cars, UMI is the only way this can be accomplished - which seems so strange to me. :wallbash:

Anyone else out there with a retrofitted Factory NAV installation run into this issue?

any help or leads would be appreciated:dk:

As Miro says you need to get the car SCN coded after the dealer has updated the Datacard with the new option code. To find the new option code simply get a W204 brochure and look up what comand is in the pricelist. The option code should be there. I think its different to 527 which is the Europe/Australia option code.

I still need to work out if there is a way to enable cluster navigation display without SCN coding on a W204. I'll have a look later.

As Miro says you need to get the car SCN coded after the dealer has updated the Datacard with the new option code. To find the new option code simply get a W204 brochure and look up what comand is in the pricelist. The option code should be there. I think its different to 527 which is the Europe/Australia option code.

I still need to work out if there is a way to enable cluster navigation display without SCN coding on a W204. I'll have a look later.

I believe that if your system is sufficiently enabled you may be able to do all the coding manually.

The car is gonna need SCN coding if it was built after April 07 . Cars built before this can be canged with STAR , you just need to change the setting in the Varient Coding menu

The car is gonna need SCN coding if it was built after April 07 . Cars built before this can be canged with STAR , you just need to change the setting in the Varient Coding menu

Not necessarily. Some things can be done without SCN coding and enabling the cluster on some post 2007 cars is one of them. I have done a few on 2008 ML's, CLK's, A 's etc.......

Experts, I believe you should clarify what is possible at an MB workshop (assuming a car owner who does not have other options) and if something else is possible with Star when MB workshop restrictions do not apply (pointing the person to some other direction instead of an MB workshop).

Experts, I believe you should clarify what is possible at an MB workshop (assuming a car owner who does not have other options) and if something else is possible with Star when MB workshop restrictions do not apply (pointing the person to some other direction instead of an MB workshop).

Agreed.

Most MB workshops have to use SCN coding and I doubt many even know that there are other ways of using STAR let alone have the cpability.

In order to perform the desired function without SCN coding the OP is going to have to visit a well informed independent with STAR.

Hi all,

so if this SCN coding is carried out by an MB dealer or a well-connected (i.e authorised) indy, does this effectively update the datacard on the MB mothership - meaning that all MB dealers will in turn be aware of the new options which have been (retro)fitted to your car (and any obsolete equipment removed)?

e.g. my own case: - +527 for COMAND, +500 for folding mirrors, -??? for Audio 20 removed

Cheers,
Eddie

Hi all,

so if this SCN coding is carried out by an MB dealer or a well-connected (i.e authorised) indy, does this effectively update the datacard on the MB mothership - meaning that all MB dealers will in turn be aware of the new options which have been (retro)fitted to your car (and any obsolete equipment removed)?

e.g. my own case: - +527 for COMAND, +500 for folding mirrors, -??? for Audio 20 removed

Cheers,
Eddie

Hi Eddie,

It works the other way round. The dealer adds the option codes to the datacard at MB HQ then MB issue a new SCN code for that car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom