Retrofitted Paddleshift :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
A huge thank you to Mark and Richard at Comand.co.uk for retrofitting a paddleshift steering wheel and airbag to my C350 Elegance, but more importantly for making it work by coding and magic! Thank you for fitting me in on a most chaotic day for all of us! The car now has manual mode shown in the cluster photo and flappy paddles so that I can exit my favourite bend in 3rd gear :bannana::bannana: Great job as usual, thanks again!

IMG-20140122-00016_zps8f6d0b23.jpg

IMG-20140122-00017_zps2f169d99.jpg

Lowered suspension next then R2?? :devil:

It's getting there R2. Looking good.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's getting there R2. Looking good.

LOL. I've added LED rear light clusters, Facelift LED mirrors, new summer wheels, Comand, Linguatronic and now flappy paddles... it is indeed getting there :)

Last edited:
Now I need a s,c,m selector button..

Last edited:
You can get faclifts with the correct non sport grill ;)

R2D2 said:
LOL. I've added LED rear light clusters, Facelift LED mirrors, new summer wheels, Comand, Linguatronic and now flappy paddles... it is indeed getting there :)

LED rear light clusters..........hmmmmm now you have me thinking, you don't happen to know where I might find such a thing for my W209????

Excellent work from Richard and Mark.

Got my W211 distronic coded in last week with them.

LED rear light clusters..........hmmmmm now you have me thinking, you don't happen to know where I might find such a thing for my W209????

I got mine on ebay. They were removed from a C63 of similar age who was updating them to the post facelift LEDs! On a W204 prefacelift LED rear clusters are plug and play but post facelift (all LED) needed coded by Mark and Richard :)

A couple of weeks on and I pleased to report that I'm chuffed to bits with my flappy paddles. I am tending to not use them in full manual mode too often as with a 7 speed box I'd be changing gear constantly but I love using the paddles to preselect a gear for a given bend or to "pull and hold" so that it drops to the lowest gear for the speed you are going. That is very useful for losing tailgaters! Overall an excellent Mod superbly sussed out by Richard and Mark :)

Awesome mod, I retrofitted a paddle shift to one of my cars once, awesome cool factor. Where did you source the parts from?

I am Mr Jammy from Jammy land, I got the immaculate AMG Sport steering wheel complete with paddles and airbag for £150:) :)
PS. I'm still looking for the CSM gear surround button. My CS one is fine as it doesn't know how many times it been pressed, but just to perfect the mod...!

Update: I am changing this steering wheel and airbag for a different style in a couple of days ....that means this steering wheel with paddles and airbag will be for sale complete and Comand uk can do the coding and fitting for someone.....just saying;)

Would it fit my SLK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom