Retrofitting leccy windows in a 95 W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh Dan

Nice and simple? How hard is it to do?

I can't tell you about difficulty I'm afraid, but if you buy the Haynes manual, there should be a 'how to' on removing and refitting both manual and 'leccy windows. Comparing the two and examining the photos may well give you a much better idea as to its feasibility.

Theres a company in merc enthusiast that sell leccy window kits from £129 a pair KMS

If it were me, I'd find someone with a car the same age as yours, but that has electric windows, borrow the chassis number and visit the stealership parts dept with some coffee and doughnuts and see if you can see what's different in the EPC :) . You can then either buy the parts brand new (wiring, plugs, pins etc would be better brand new maybe) and get the rest from a breaker (motors, switches, door panels etc which would be cheaper second hand).

My previous car, 1986 190E, had electric front windows retro-fitted and to be honest I would have preferred the manual winders back. The previous owner had used some 3rd party kit for the conversion and the motors sounded cheap and nasty. There was also no limit switches for the motors which also shouted "cheap and shoddy", they worked but it just didn't feel right. I got George Fraser to swap the motors for MB OEM ones and that was much better.

In summary, go with Shude's idea, get as close to an OEM install as possible.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom