Retrofitting memory seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Just a random thought.

My 2003 C class 320 has the part electric, heated leather seats. I do however miss the memory function I had on my previous Saab.

Assuming I could find two good and matching seats what else do I need apart from a new door card. Presumably I need some electronics to control the memory functions?

Thanks.

Probably cheaper to sell yours and buy one with memory seats.

Probably cheaper to sell yours and buy one with memory seats.

I did look but not that many around, Mercedes are, as I am finding out all fairly unique in how each model left the factory so I bought on a combination of specification, condition and price.:thumb:

I share your frustrations my friend.

I have an E-Class estate with COMAND DVD TV. Just the freeview module for the TV alone was £550. Heated memory electric seats are £350, yet it hasn't got them??!!

I really do wonder what people are thinking when they spec their cars.

I have an E-Class estate with COMAND DVD TV. Just the freeview module for the TV alone was £550. Heated memory electric seats are £350, yet it hasn't got them??!!

Hmm someone spends money on a system for watching TV on a small screen in a car with variable reception that can only be (legally) used when stationary but not on something more practical and far more (in my opinion) saleable later on! :confused:

Mine has the electric seat adjustment on the sides of the seats but to move it backwards and forwards you have to pull the lever at the front and push/pull the seat to/fro! I also find it amazing what some people order when buying a new car! Not that I am ever likely to have that dilema:wallbash:

It the days when Mercedes were notoriously stingy with standard kit and options were extortionate, cars were specced even more oddly. I have seen on ebay a mid 1980's W126 with electric seats front and rear, but still having hand-cranked windows all round!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom