Retrofitting Paddle Shifters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rssid

Hi all i've got a '09 W204 C200K with the 4 spoke steering wheel and I ran across this

W204 C-Class 07+ AMG C63 Carbon Steering Wheel shifter:eBay Motors (item 400096004919 end time Feb-06-10 03:39:21 PST)

Now I've searched thru the forum but not seen anything abt retrofitting the W204 model so is there a chance this might work ? E-mail the seller and got this. Anyone wanna take the plunge yet ?

Hi,

This one is for regular W204 without shifter. I installed 10 rides in Hong Kong. Actually this is an option parts from Benz. When we purchase W204 C230 in Hong Kong. We had an option to add this shifter and cost extra US1500. I bought one sets from dealers and checked it was actually a switch to send a signal to ECU for gear shift.

Then I open a plastic molding and make wrap by carbon fibre.

I seriously doubt that the claim 'No coding required' is correct.

Richard spent a long time working out how to do this upgrade on W203's and I doubt very much in an era when retrofits are becoming more and more difficult that Mercedes would simply make this an easy upgrade especially as it involves recoding the gearbox controller!

Comand

Hi RSS,

Did you manage to install COMAND on Hong Kong's car?

Rgds,
Adams

Hi all i've got a '09 W204 C200K with the 4 spoke steering wheel and I ran across this

W204 C-Class 07+ AMG C63 Carbon Steering Wheel shifter:eBay Motors (item 400096004919 end time Feb-06-10 03:39:21 PST)

Now I've searched thru the forum but not seen anything abt retrofitting the W204 model so is there a chance this might work ? E-mail the seller and got this. Anyone wanna take the plunge yet ?

Hi,

This one is for regular W204 without shifter. I installed 10 rides in Hong Kong. Actually this is an option parts from Benz. When we purchase W204 C230 in Hong Kong. We had an option to add this shifter and cost extra US1500. I bought one sets from dealers and checked it was actually a switch to send a signal to ECU for gear shift.

Then I open a plastic molding and make wrap by carbon fibre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom