Retrofitting Telephone pre-wire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vibesg

Car
CLS 320 Cdi; Volvo XC90 D5; VW Polo tdi
I have read very good reviews on Alfie / Comand.co.uk and Braybrooks but all are down South.

Can anyone put me in touch with a competent Mercedes Electrician closely familiar with COMAND or telephone pre-wire? I am in Cumbria and happy to look at the North up to Glasgow.

Thanks

I have read very good reviews on Alfie / Comand.co.uk and Braybrooks but all are down South.

Can anyone put me in touch with a competent Mercedes Electrician closely familiar with COMAND or telephone pre-wire? I am in Cumbria and happy to look at the North up to Glasgow.

Thanks

Try speedybiker, he's up in Scotland and does Comand. Not sure on phone pre-wire though.

You will need someone with access to Star to have it all coded properly.

Thanks Alfie
Just looked Speedybiker up but can't figure a way to contact him. P'haps I haven't posted enough threads to send a PM. Any clues for contact will be appreciated.

Thanks Alfie
Just looked Speedybiker up but can't figure a way to contact him. P'haps I haven't posted enough threads to send a PM. Any clues for contact will be appreciated.

I'll alert him to your plight!

Just looked Speedybiker up but can't figure a way to contact him. P'haps I haven't posted enough threads to send a PM.

Off topic but I wonder why the forum does not allow others to post PM to a "new" member. I understand the restriction for new users (to some extent at least), I guess the system does not allow asymmetric restrictions.

Off topic but I wonder why the forum does not allow others to post PM to a "new" member. I understand the restriction for new users (to some extent at least), I guess the system does not allow asymmetric restrictions.

How one could reply? And, it would be enough for spamer to get ONE account and reactivate others!

Plus- people should be using forum and not PMs if help is needed. Try imagine NEW users bombarding others with questions for help...

Cheers
Chris

How one could reply? And, it would be enough for spamer to get ONE account and reactivate others!

Plus- people should be using forum and not PMs if help is needed. Try imagine NEW users bombarding others with questions for help...

Cheers
Chris

I don't follow your comment. I was not after giving new users more power but those who already can bombard others with PM, what would be the issue if we could do that for the new users too, those who cannot spam others? :confused:

My example use case was the discussion between Alfie and vibesg, if Alfie alerts Speedybiker, he could send his email or other contact info for vibesg who needs it. He would perhaps prefer to do that privately anyway.

Sorry for continuing off topic, I'll leave this issue now to this post on this thread.

Cheers
Chris

I'm not sure that using a forum to contact one member for help is necessary - If he's been reliably informed that speedybiker can help then surely contacting him direct is the appropriate format? Especially if money or prices are discussed. I do a bit of comand work and would not discuss prices over an open forum. ( not telephone I'm afraid )

Thanks Alfie

You cant contact him via PM because you cant send PM's yet. Your post count is too low. I've PM'ed him for you. If he doesnt respond I call him on the phone in fact s0d it i'll ring him now.........

Hi,
I can be reached on 07957 104391

Alex.

speedybiker - can you do the star instrument panel mods? (temp instead of km/h, autofolding mirors etc.)

if he cant I can :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom