Returned cheque

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CE230

Car
230CE
My brother in law sent my daughter a cheque for her birthday drawn on an offshore account with HSBC but it has been returned by Smile as suspected forged.

Is there way around this that anyone knows of?

TIA

The obvious thing to do is confirm with your brother in law he sent it.

Assuming he did, then contact Smile and ask them to be specific regarding the fraud.

However, it may just be easier for your brother in law to transfer the money electronically.

My brother in law sent my daughter a cheque for her birthday drawn on an offshore account with HSBC but it has been returned by Smile as suspected forged.

Is there way around this that anyone knows of?

TIA

We have recently had a number of "cloned" cheques trying to be drawn on our business account, also HSBC. What may have happened is that the first cheque may have hit the bank and been honoured, making your daughters ligit cheque seem like a fraud. All the banks go on, apparantly, is the cheque number and account details. Ask your brither if cheque number xxxxxxxxx has hit his bank, he may have already been done:(

Pay it into the Smile account, but do so by BGC across the counter of a UK branch of HSBC?

Alternatively, why not send it via Nigeria by Western Union? I assure you that I am in faithful and good meaning and trust with you............

:devil:

Last edited:
Presumably it's been returned with 'returned' stamped all over it, so it will no longer be payable? Or will banks accept it again, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom