Returned e mails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

racall

Car
Black R172SLK
Can any one help me on this.
I'm getting 200 returned underliverable email's per day that i never sent (Mostly to do with a morgatage application) Ive run 3 anti virus checker's and they dont pick up a thing ,Any idea's how to stop them.
BTW the puter's running fine :devil: :confused:

racall said:
Can any one help me on this.
I'm getting 200 returned underliverable email's per day that i never sent (Mostly to do with a morgatage application) Ive run 3 anti virus checker's and they dont pick up a thing ,Any idea's how to stop them.
BTW the puter's running fine :devil: :confused:

I have this, do they have attachments to download?

Yes they have attachments,but in never open them. i just put the sender on the blocked list

racall said:
Yes they have attachments,but in never open them. i just put the sender on the blocked list
These are probably viruses.
I am on AOL and 99% are supposedly from aol, but are not.
They told me never to open them.

It is probably OTHER machines that are infected and it/they have got hold of your e-mail address. This 'attack' may continue for several weeks.

PJH said:
It is probably OTHER machines that are infected and it/they have got hold of your e-mail address. This 'attack' may continue for several weeks.

Or months :crazy:

PJH has got it right - they tend to come from many other peoples PCs - nothing you can do except delete -frustrating but thats it.

Its easy after a few to see the genuine ones for 'you' - if you get one you 'think' is from a known source but not sure then send a fresh email, NOT a 'reply' to the received one, asking if they did send one. BTW this is only about emails with attachments - its the attachments that are the problem.

Ian

Extra info

If using Outlook, right click on the e-mail
select Properties>Details TAB>message source
and compare the following fields:-

Return-Path:
Received: from
X-Originating-IP: [81.155.138.170]
X-Originating-Email:
X-Sender:

They should all be the same and the IP address should correspond with the e-mail server.
You could also forward them to abuse@ISPprovider so that they know it's happening.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom