returned to the fold, w124 300d estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuscan_al

Car
S210 e430, w126 500se
Hi,

Have picked up a 96 estate 300d, nice car but has some niggles that need sorting.

Here are some pics

New tow car, very pleased. | Facebook

So the hit list is,

Rev counter not working
Heater blows hot only
No CL, remote lights still flash, fuse C ok, pump?
Few trim bits, headlamp wiper blade, new rear cluster, drivers door has some wind noise...
Aerial doesn't work
Glow plug light stays on while after starting.

Any suggestions as to the way to go on these thing, and for spares. Also will be looking for an indy in Heathrow area to do a service at some point.

So the hit list is,

Rev counter not working Check Pin 13 of the 38 pin Diag socket. If that has varying voltage the problem is after there, if not check the crank sensor.
Heater blows hot only Duo valve jammed open
Few trim bits, headlamp wiper blade, new rear cluster, drivers door has some wind noise...
Aerial doesn't work
Glow plug light stays on while after starting. Blown glowplug or relay

Any suggestions as to the way to go on these thing, and for spares. Also will be looking for an indy in Heathrow area to do a service at some point.

For the seat try 3 pointed parts

Cheers guys, now to find insurance which is being silly so far tonight :(

Welcome back Al,nice choice of car:thumb:

Welcome back to MB's!

Your new steed looks like it's been well looked-after - don't think the chrome emblem airbags were standard, so probably replaced for aesthetics... or had an airbag deployment in the past.... Sorry, doom-monger here.

Anyway, I'll not regail you with tales of long-lived MB diesels here, if it's new to you, I'd be inclined to check the brake lines and sls lines under the rear subframe, just to see they're sound, they have a tendancy to corrode.

+1 for duo valve jammed - lots of posts here on replacement or repair if you use the search function.

Lancaster have been cheapest for me the last 3 years. Found via web comparison sites.

Silver Saloon has a similar car that he's been running on veg oil, and many of us running more agricultural diesels have dipped our toes at some point or other.

All the best

The silver star in the steering wheel was a 1996-only feature

Nick Froome

Hi,

Have picked up a 96 estate 300d, nice car but has some niggles that need sorting.

Here are some pics

New tow car, very pleased. | Facebook

So the hit list is,

Rev counter not working
Heater blows hot only
Aerial doesn't work
Glow plug light stays on while after starting.

use mamo MIR garage wedmore mews off holloway road very good at fixing w124 very knowledgable too!!, pm if u need no etc

Cheers for all the advice again.

Peter best sorted my insurance for 250 :) great relief as my ncb is tied up in the vx220.

I have pulled up some history from a merc man, it has had the airbag recall and a few others in the late 90's. New rear suspension two MOT ago

Will get into looking at the duo valve and central locking pump this week. Really want to give it a detail machine polish and respray on bumper scrapes.

Will pm people for contacts when off the iPhone. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom