Returning member, looking for a new W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibrar

Car
55 plate LWB Sprinter and soon to be C220 AMG Sport Plus
Hello,

Well I must say, it's been 3 years since I last posted here and probably 6years since I initially joined. I can't remember where I left off in '10 but where I've ended up is a really really dark place :D

Last summer, my beloved C220 went kaput in a black cloud of smoke, after I put 4litres of oil into it and then realising it needed engine coolant.

Then shortly after my C280 started playing tricks and would sporadically switch itself off mid-drive. So that's been bound to my driveway for the last 7/8months.

So, I find myself driving my Sprinter LWB for business and for my personal life and I must say...what a chore! Becoming quickly fed up, I'm resorting to flirting with the idea of a new C-class W205, either the C220/C250 CDI AMG Sport/Sport Plus.

Now, as I've known before, you chaps are very sharp on how dealerships operate. I'm considering making my purchase from my local MB dealership on a lease contract.

Would anyone know of any flaws I should look out for when leasing a car from MB? What is the likelihood that my initial deposit will still hold some value come 3years, and I can just swap my car for the latest C-class?

Appreciate any help, and I'm here to stay!

Unsure if the latest C-class is the W204 or W205, I've been out of touch for a while.

Its W204. New c class will probably arrive next year. Welcome back! Merc have some good deals out at the moment. Defo worth exploring.

Cheers Aquanaut. I'm exploring the idea of lease-hire or whatever the technical term is. I have a friend working at MB HQ, thus giving me 5% off any new vehicle. I'm very tempted to go ahead, though I want to have peace of mind before going ahead. Ideally I want to know if anyone has leased from MB before.

Practically everyone on here who drives a C63! Myself included. Deals are good at the moment and got the merc and a dealer discount on top as well. Also there is other companies that can supply you. If you do a search on here it should come up with the relevant information. Of course it will be interesting to see what the value of my car is in 2 years time.

Thanks Aquanaut. Though I'm unsure whether to obtain my car through 'other' companies or MB directly. The deposit paid to other companies will disappear come the end of the agreement, whilst the one at MB will somewhat remain for either your next contract or whether you wish to purchase the car outright. I'm just stuck in between both ideas and ideally would like some guidance, if possible :)

Looks like I'm going ahead on a white C220 CDI BlueEFF AMG Sport Plus, no furher clip-ons.

10days for delivery, and I think I got a good deal on it! :)

Car ordered :)
Even got a courtesy car until delivery date!
Shall upload pictures soon, including the ghastly red seat belts

Thanks all

Looks good :thumb:

including the ghastly red seat belts

What do you think of the red belts? I was going to go for the no cost option of black but ended up buying a car that was already built, including red belts. I don't often notice them but when I do I like them.

JimboDS said:
Looks good :thumb:

What do you think of the red belts? I was going to go for the no cost option of black but ended up buying a car that was already built, including red belts. I don't often notice them but when I do I like them.

They're definitely a grower! I see them in a different light and actually have taken a massive liking to them, especially as they match the red stitching

Welcome to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom