Returning to the AMG family.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter DLM

MB Enthusiast
Car
19 reg CLS 350d, 67 reg AMG GT R Caterham Levante
Hi everyone, been a while since I last checked in here.

It looks like I’m making a triumphant return to AMG ownership in the shape of a 2017 GT R. I’ve sold my M3 track day toy and also looking to sell my Caterham, these should fund the GT R.

I’m torn by the how necessary the Premium Pack is in these cars, as the one I want is very much specified for track use and therefor doesn’t have it, but I think I’ll miss the parking cameras, mirror pack and sound system. If I wasn’t such a tart I’d do without.

What’s been happening since I’ve been away? Anything exciting happened?. J

Cant really help Sir with the above, But just thought id say Welcome back :rock::thumb:

it is such a wide car that i personally would want one with a 360 camera :)

Good to see you back pal - get some photos up of the new car soon!

Cant really help Sir with the above, But just thought id say Welcome back :rock::thumb:

Thank you very much :)

Welcome back to MBClub :thumb:

Thanks Bobby.

it is such a wide car that i personally would want one with a 360 camera :)

360 camera not an option on these unfortunately, but I’ve chosen a different car now and hopefully collecting it at the weekend.

Good to see you back pal - get some photos up of the new car soon!

Hey Lee. Been a while.

What a great car to return to to the brand.
Welcome back:thumb:

Thought I’d better make my return as glamorous as possible. :p

welcome back from the DARK SIDE

Thank you revo.

Here it is. I chose a much higher spec car, I think these need as much spec as possible for future resale.

It has pretty much everything except the interior carbon pack and one of the two external ones. I’m going to look to retrofit the interior carbon bits as this should be fairly easy. It also came with full PPF which saves me a few grand.

Driving impressions so far, it feels as fast as my old 700hp w212 E63, steering is very direct and precise, and of course it looks and sounds epic.

I just need to convert my garage doors now as I couldn’t actually get in past the door, I knew it would be tight, but there’s only 10mm either side and that’s after attacking the door with an angle grinder. I have to employ my next door neighbour to help guide me in.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed, welcome back....

If that’s your double garage, might be worth taking out that centre pillar and installing an new RSJ to compensate?

Stunning, Mr. Peter. My congratulations. Hope to catch around the MK round abouts one day ;-)

PS. Are those CC brakes?

Last edited:
Well hello Mr Peter nice to see you again

If that’s your double garage, might be worth taking out that centre pillar and installing an new RSJ to compensate?

Hey Lee. Yes, already ordered the double door conversion last week. Using an Aluroll door. £4k all in, which I thought was good value. It's still two weeks away though, annoyingly.

Stunning, Mr. Peter. My congratulations. Hope to catch around the MK round abouts one day ;-)

PS. Are those CC brakes?

Yes, CC brakes. I'm replacing the pads with Pagid RSC1 and adding Renntech or TIKT cooling ducts plus my usual F1 brake fluid. That these cars don't have any brake cooling is some sort of crime, as they desperately require it. This car already has had a £15k warranty claim for all new discs and pads, I'm keen not to have to repeat it. I'll swap the front CC for iron if not.

Well hello Mr Peter nice to see you again

Hey Harry.

Beautiful car! Welcome back - now that's how you make a return :)

Stunning car, enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom