Returning to the AMG family.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Peter, car looks stunning. I picked up my GTC last week and am equally impressed. Interested to know how you get on with the carbon interior as it’s the only option I would have ticked that mine is missing too. Also have carbon brakes so will be watching with interest how the upgrades go, not sure if I will track mine yet but loving the ceramic bite. When I get in my SQ5 the brakes suddenly feel very soft!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome back mate, love the new mota... join us for TRAX again this year?

Hi Peter, car looks stunning. I picked up my GTC last week and am equally impressed. Interested to know how you get on with the carbon interior as it’s the only option I would have ticked that mine is missing too. Also have carbon brakes so will be watching with interest how the upgrades go, not sure if I will track mine yet but loving the ceramic bite. When I get in my SQ5 the brakes suddenly feel very soft!

Thank you. All mods will be fully documented.

Hmm, very jealous! Looks perfect. More pics please.

Thanks Nick, car is tucked away until the weekend, I’ll grab more then.

welcome back mate, love the new mota... join us for TRAX again this year?

Hey Alps, yes Trax could be a thing. When is it?

Thanks Bobby.

6th Oct this year mate, just sorting the post out :)

Welcome back.

Car looks great but it is bloody wide!

Hey Lee. Yes, already ordered the double door conversion last week. Using an Aluroll door. £4k all in, which I thought was good value. It's still two weeks away though, annoyingly.

Yes, CC brakes. I'm replacing the pads with Pagid RSC1 and adding Renntech or TIKT cooling ducts plus my usual F1 brake fluid. That these cars don't have any brake cooling is some sort of crime, as they desperately require it. This car already has had a £15k warranty claim for all new discs and pads, I'm keen not to have to repeat it. I'll swap the front CC for iron if not.

Hey Harry.
I am running a wide Aluroll as well, excellent quality. Price sounds fair as you are removing the centre pillar and doing a conversion.

Lovely car.

Here it is. I chose a much higher spec car, I think these need as much spec as possible for future resale.

It has pretty much everything except the interior carbon pack and one of the two external ones. I’m going to look to retrofit the interior carbon bits as this should be fairly easy. It also came with full PPF which saves me a few grand.

Driving impressions so far, it feels as fast as my old 700hp w212 E63, steering is very direct and precise, and of course it looks and sounds epic.

I just need to convert my garage doors now as I couldn’t actually get in past the door, I knew it would be tight, but there’s only 10mm either side and that’s after attacking the door with an angle grinder. I have to employ my next door neighbour to help guide me in.

OOOOFFFFFF fabulous.

RE: Garage - An electric roller fitted outside on the brickwork will get you the full frame width on either side must be easily 50mm either side..

Worked for me...except my E63 is too long....LOL

If you got the room.

Install inside, with the roller part above the opening as well. That way, you get the full opening and the door is mostly protected from the elements.

OOOOFFFFFF fabulous.

RE: Garage - An electric roller fitted outside on the brickwork will get you the full frame width on either side must be easily 50mm either side..

Worked for me...except my E63 is too long....LOL

I had to go with internally fixed, it robs me of around 200mm depth but is more secure and aesthetic. I was going with just replacing the single door I need at a mere £1,400 for a Aluroll roller which would be plenty of room, but I know I’d be kicking myself for not getting the double conversion done as I have been meaning to for a while.

If you got the room.

Install inside, with the roller part above the opening as well. That way, you get the full opening and the door is mostly protected from the elements.

This is the plan.

These Pagid RSC1 pads are vast, and over £800 for a set.

Also coming are cooling ducts. They are backed up by some solid test data as shown here. The left brake has a duct installed, the right is all standard.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

These Pagid RSC1 pads are vast, and over £800 for a set.

Also coming are cooling ducts. They are backed up by some solid test data as shown here. The left brake has a duct installed, the right is all standard.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Left is running hotter than right? Makes quite a difference based on that test data

Well done, you spotted my deliberate mistake. :p

I’ve ordered the Renntech version which appears to have a couple of design features that’ll help. It also includes rear ducts.

Hopefully I can get all this installed soon and have an exploratory track session somewhere in early August.

That's a mean looking machine which looks predatory and menacing just sat in the garage! Lovely. Twelve long years ago, I built myself a double garage with a 15' sectional door long before I ever had anything worth parking there, as I knew that, 'One day...!'
My only parking problem then was having to empty it of 12 years worth of s***e... :p
Enjoy!

Well done, you spotted my deliberate mistake. :p

I’ve ordered the Renntech version which appears to have a couple of design features that’ll help. It also includes rear ducts.

Hopefully I can get all this installed soon and have an exploratory track session somewhere in early August.

I’m heading to Cadwell on August bank holiday Monday with a friends Radical... first time out for a couple of years. Can’t wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom