Reverse camera W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just realised, although the green plug is the same colour as one of the new unit leads, it is not actually anything that connects. New one goes in between a bright green plug (unseen) 3 along - at the far end of the photo.

Still interested to find out why the leads have been changed though :rolleyes:

Hi mate - what camera did you end up getting? How is it? I am looking to replicate your setup exactly!

This is what I bought in the end from AliExpress..... Reverse interface & Reverse camera.

I did buy a Carplay adapter, Carplay but couldn't get it to work 100% with my mobile so returned that for a full exchange - no problem.

I must say I'm very happy with it and would recommend. As others have mentioned it is really tight getting the head unit back with anything behind/under it, but it does fit - just. I'll post a few photos tomorrow if you like.

Reactions: wsc
This is what I bought in the end from AliExpress..... Reverse interface & Reverse camera.

I did buy a Carplay adapter, Carplay but couldn't get it to work 100% with my mobile so returned that for a full exchange - no problem.

I must say I'm very happy with it and would recommend. As others have mentioned it is really tight getting the head unit back with anything behind/under it, but it does fit - just. I'll post a few photos tomorrow if you like.
Yeah any pics you have would be great. I am considering a camera attached to the trunk release at the moment as an alternative.

Any chance you could let me know what fuse slot you used to power the camera? Or did you use the reverse light power? Thanks

Power comes from the reverse unit. There's a feed to it from connection behind head unit.
I'm pretty sure the only connection apart from that was an earth which I connected to a bolt at the rear fuse box

Power comes from the reverse unit. There's a feed to it from connection behind head unit.
I'm pretty sure the only connection apart from that was an earth which I connected to a bolt at the rear fuse box
Ok got it. I haven't heard the best things about powering from the reverse unit so trying to use the fuse box for power.

All I can say is mine is good. It's the same as Merc supplied would use.

I've had reversing cams on my cars for the last 12 years, all aftermarket, all powered from reversing light - never any problem.
If you get interference, get a 'filter' for a couple of quid, and that will sort it.
On my current (soon to be ex) car it actually benefited me, to power it off the reversing light, as I changed all lights to LEDs and didn't have to compensate for the OSR one, as the camera pull did the trick. Nice :p

As above on my other older car with LED number plate light , cost £25 and is model specific , Sony Cmos sensor too .

2014-12-07-17-54-01-jpg.45796

Anyone that spends out £500 needs to go to the doctor .

Reactions: wsc
As above on my other older car with LED number plate light , cost £25 and is model specific , Sony Cmos sensor too .

2014-12-07-17-54-01-jpg.45796

Anyone that spends out £500 needs to go to the doctor .

I had the original camera retrofitted... for some of us originally it important and we're willing to pay for it. The kit includes new boot lid trim bit with the recess for the original camera location (I.e. the camera isn't hanging off the license plate light).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom