Reversed into me while parallel parking..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

conor1n

Car
E350 S212 M272 3.5 // SL 500 R230 M113 5.0
This was a bummer..

I was parallel parking on the street one day, and as I was lining up another person shouts at me, asking if I am parking "there or there", being smart.

I park and they pull in ahead of me.. as I get out of my car I hear crunch and they have just backed into me.. I'm like wtf. I thought she might have even done it on purpose..

Them: Uh, did I just hit you!?
Me: Yes!
Them: something..
Me: Not holding my breath.. it's fine, unless you want to throw me a few hundred for paint (minor scratch).
Them: "I dooo yeahhh.."

The person was a member of the traveller community so I didn't hold my breath or get into an argument and just went on my way. Thankful that it wasn't the rear bumper which had fresh paint a week before and the front was kind of peppered anyway.

While travellers are known for just simply not giving a f***, if it was a more compliant seeming person I would have pressed hard and sought reparations.. make a mistake, pay the price is my motto. I would have been kind and reasonable about it, but i'm not incurring damage for your lack of judgement.

How do you mean lol?
It reads as a traveller hit your car, you asked if they want to pay some cash monies to settle it. They said yes, but as they were a traveller you just let them on their way. You would have done more about the situation if the person was "more compliant seeming".

It's a pretty bizarre story.

I need a drink 🥃 🥴

I think the OP is meaning that when the other individual said ‘I doooo yeah’ he was probably being sarcastic and wasn’t actually intending to pay, hence the OP didn’t pursue and potentially get into a heated situation.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood!

Similar thing happened to me last week.

I asked him for his insurance details, he gave them to me, I’m now in the process of making a claim.

pretty simple really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom