Reversed into today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_player

Yeah, just whilst I was in the process of considering cleaning my car, sat in stationary traffic, the guy in front decided to reverse into me... genius.

No apparent damage but going to have to get it checked out at mercedes I think to see if there is any "hidden" damage.

do check it out...

someone went into my R107 in london once..let him go as i could see no damage, although impact was quite hard...

drove down the road to hear a massive farting sound, yep my exhaust took the brunt of it and just split at the middle box.

R107 exhuasts come in at around £800 complete!!

Yes, definitely get it checked out. After my reversal damage the bodyshop have just phoned to say that, after replacing the bumper they have discovered that the fog lamps aren't working. Missed on a visual inspection and probably not expensive but definitely shows there can be hidden problems.

Hope you got a witness, otherwise the guy in front could be claiming you went up the back of him (a much more usual situation)!

I had same, young girl in a service station decided she could not wait so reversed back without even looking.

Damage looked slight but when the garage checked underneath the bumper there was £600.00 worth of damage and that was 6 years ago.

Hope you got a witness, otherwise the guy in front could be claiming you went up the back of him (a much more usual situation)!

Good point. I had no witnesses and was lucky it was in a Waitrose car park with a CCTV camera trained on the ATMs just behind us.

Last edited:
Yeah - I've been warned by this by my insurance company. Not much I can do really tbh, I just hope that they play fair.

There was an old bloke stood outside his house after the incident who I asked to be a witness. Unfortunately he said that he didn't see the crash and just heard it so came out - then proceeded to talk about his mate that works in a body shop and the problems he was having with his Rover 214... :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'll get it booked into mercedes and get an estimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom