Reversing cam intermittently not working - 2016 GLE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Bought the care brand new in 2016
FSH by MB
17k miles
Last 3 years or so on the odd occasion the reverse cam would not kick in first time
but back into drive or a little drive and reverse did the trick - happened once every 6 or so months.
Today about 6pm reversed off our drive, worked ok but always a 4/5 second delay in engaging
reverse cam picture. Then drove a couple of miles to supermarket reverse came would not engage. Turned car on/ff, locked open still not work, drove it
around the car park would not work. Then returned to car 30 mins later it worked.
Checked around car cover all is clean

Worried as may get worse as so used to this gadget.

Thanks

I guess a reversing camera that only comes visible when reversing? You should have a head unit menu to open the camera for cleaning. Might try it on and off a few times if there is something wrong with the camera mechanism (should not be a wear issue at that mileage).

I guess a reversing camera that only comes visible when reversing? You should have a head unit menu to open the camera for cleaning. Might try it on and off a few times if there is something wrong with the camera mechanism (should not be a wear issue at that mileage).
Thanks, Yes the cam is only visible when reversing. I could not see the "head unit menu."
One of the family has an E class bought new in 2017 it has a camera 'switch off' reverse cam, not sure the point of that by my car does not have that.

There should be a menu to open the camera flap for cleaning - its hidden somewhere hard to find though... This does sound like the flap is sticking, and the handle/flap can be changed (i.e a separate, much cheaper, part to the camera.

R

Thanks,
I may ask my better half to put the GLE in reverse so cam flap opens and clean sides. When i looked the other day the under side where the cam and the handle is looked very clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom