Reversing camera problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weds

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes E Class Estate, Porsche 928 S4
I've been following loads of threads on here for fitting a reversing camera. I have a 2011 S212 E class Estate, (4.5 comand unit) the camera is fitted and I have a video feed upto the comand unit (checked with a video camera with video input) , the camera is a NTSC format, i have enabled the reverse settings in the comand unit and the reverse screen comes up when reverse is selected but I don't get any picture in the screen. Just a black screen.

What have i missed, i've been through so many Youtube videos and threads on here it all looks so simple but i'm stumped..

did you check that the camera works by connecting to the command before installing?

did you check that the camera works by connecting to the command before installing?

I didn't check it worked before installing but I know it works as I've connected a video camera with a phono input to the camera cable right up to the phono plug before the fakra lead that goes into the back of the comand unit.

This is the second camera I tried as the first I had was a PAL version then I got an NTSC one..

The reverse camera must be connected to the double green fakra connection on the lower rear of an NTG4.5 dont think it matters which one. Also you will not get the guidance lines until the camera is coded with Star and the calibration tool.Assuming you have a genuine merc camera.
Hope this helps

The reverse camera must be connected to the double green fakra connection on the lower rear of an NTG4.5 dont think it matters which one. Also you will not get the guidance lines until the camera is coded with Star and the calibration tool.Assuming you have a genuine merc camera.
Hope this helps

I've tried both the green connectors without success.. I think my 2011 model is too old for guidance lines (so Iv'e been told)

Okay so just to recap, you have the camera connected as follows.
total of four wires and one video cable come from camera.
video cable goes to rear of comand green lower connection.
negative wire to chassis ground.
positive wire to feed from rear sam module.
last two wires go to can communication from memory green, green/white.
just a thought if you select system menu on comand have you put a tick in the box that says reverse camera select with revers gear?
I have fitted a few of these and this is from memory.
Hope this help you.

Sounds like the camera itself i not working or not getting power. Where did you take the feed from for the camera power? Did you use a relay to make sure it's clean?

All now working... :)

I'm a silly billy.. I plugged the camera feed into the blue plug instead of the spare green one. The only excuse I have is I was looking at pictures taken of the back of the comand unit and saw that the camera feed was plugged into the socket nearest the multi connector not realising the one they were showing didn't have the blue sockets.

Pleased it now works.. But what are the blue sockets for ?

I said errrr as I would think it should have a GPS antennae plugged into it!! :)

NTG4.5 GPS antenna is white fakra coax. Mustard is Bluetooth antenna, Double-White is FM/AM antennas (diverse). Double green is Media-Interface-Video and Reverse Camera. Double Brown is TV tuner, Double Cream is Video out to rear screens. Single Green is the Night Vision video in.
There are also HSD connectors, Grey = Screen, Pink = USB. On Audio-20 Light Green HSD is the Becker-Map-Pilot video input, which is Blue on early systems.

I didn't think there was a blue coax fakra !! I suspect the OP is taking about the single green fakra.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom