reversing camera solution?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
i have a w211 with ntg1 so no easy solution to reversing camera on that.

its a 4 grand banger on a good day, so i dont really want to spend money on it.

i have to hitch up trailers reguarly, and heavy trailers on a hill, so i cant move them about (2 tons of trailer.....)

so i thouht it must be possible to get a battery operated bluetooth basic reversing camera, with a magnetic base,to help me get the hitch right to within 5mm or so. link it to the smartphone thats on the dash anyway. cant seem to find such a beasty. parking sensors take care of 90% of the reversing, its just that last tiny bit thats a pita....

or do i need to develop one?

i have to hitch up trailers reguarly, and heavy trailers on a hill, so i cant move them about (2 tons of trailer.....)

so i thouht it must be possible to get a battery operated bluetooth basic reversing camera, with a magnetic base,to help me get the hitch right to within 5mm or so. link it to the smartphone thats on the dash anyway. cant seem to find such a beasty. parking sensors take care of 90% of the reversing, its just that last tiny bit thats a pita....

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/116629-comand-ntg1-question.html

Last edited:

There are various ones designed for permanent fitting - that would probably be quickest/easiest/cheapest ... leave it on the car and just link your phone up when you actually need it. E.g.

Blueskysea New WIFI in Car Backup Rear View Reversing: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

I have recently fitted a reversing camera/sensors to my E280. Got a number plate mount off ebay with sensors included, riveted the camera to the bottom of it and got a rearview mirror monitor. No need to even tamper with the stereo. I can post pics if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom